Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:38 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Mystic, I respect your unique insight, and most of the time am in complete agreement.
But entertain my papist sentiments for a second;
Throw out magic, woodoo, "traditions of Man" heiarchies, and funny looking old white men in long robes.
If as you say ( and I whole heartedly agree ) Jesus is the Word, and I read His Word with my eyes, hear His Word with my ears, meditate on His Word with my mind,
why begrudge me the belief that I eat His Word?
You misjudge me, Oak . . . belief exists for us to have hope and attune our consciousness to God and Jesus . . . not to recite or pledge allegiance to or . . . whatever. Like worship and ritual of ANY kind it is to focus our consciousness on God to be more receptive to His promptings and guidance for our spiritual development. If the bolded belief helps to do that for you (and I am sure that it does during communion) . . . then it is effective. What we expect in our consciousness strongly determines what we receive in our consciousness. I tried so many different techniques of meditation before I found the specific triggers and "rituals" that achieved success FOR ME. Devout prayer and worship is no different. We each have to find what works for us to achieve contact with the Divine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 05:20 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,343,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You misjudge me, Oak . . . belief exists for us to have hope and attune our consciousness to God and Jesus . . . not to recite or pledge allegiance to or . . . whatever. Like worship and ritual of ANY kind it is to focus our consciousness on God to be more receptive to His promptings and guidance for our spiritual development. If the bolded belief helps to do that for you (and I am sure that it does during communion) . . . then it is effective. What we expect in our consciousness strongly determines what we receive in our consciousness. I tried so many different techniques of meditation before I found the specific triggers and "rituals" that achieved success FOR ME. Devout prayer and worship is no different. We each have to find what works for us to achieve contact with the Divine.
I'm not surprised by your response.
Glad to see the term "ritual" used in a positive way.

My old flesh still requires some help now and then.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:34 AM

31 posts, read 68,035 times
let all beleive what he wishes in his faith, if he has faith then he is there.

correct me if i am wrong...but christians and there splits...many comming form which deciple they followed and such was around waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaay beford the catholic church and all of todays churches...

remember the catholic church being formed in itally after one of the rulers of rome decided it was good to have god on his side and all the other gods they had were bad and so wrote thier version of the bible to omit any real info on christ being a man like any other person and then used it to rule... and so on

and such with all other churches catholic or not, most spread from this modern western bible and idea... even though christianity was eastern origonally and nothing to do with these bibles.

that was the true christianity, but like all religions it gets used to peoples needs

you cant take anything litrelly when in all nations the bible is a copy of a version of a VERSION OF A VERSION decreed by a ruler countless centuries ago.

also i do beleive the christ was against the use of places of worship and idols etc etc, and what do we have today places of worship with crosses all abound.

this all makes it pointless to argue, we have all lost the plot.

all that remains is to take what little comfort we have in our faith that there is a god. and thats it.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
*I am not a cathlis but the pastro needs to prey for forginess of his sins like anyone other sinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity