Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 07:44 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,407,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No. The church is taken up into Heaven prior to and for the duration of the seven year Tribulation. It was Jesus Himself who made the first mention in the Gospels of the event we call the rapture.

John 14:2 ''In My Father's house (Heaven) are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

This is speaking of the pre-Tribulational rapture of the Church. This is not talking about individual believers dying and going to heaven. We do of course, but that is not what is in view here. Christ does not return everytime a believer dies. He is speaking of returning and taking believers to a place that was prepared for them in His Father's house. Heaven.

John 14:2 parallels 1 Thess. 4:13-17.

Revelation 19:7-9 shows the church in Heaven just prior to returning to the earth with Christ at the end of the Tribulation.
AMEN! You have a great understanding of the Bible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 07:55 PM

702 posts, read 1,007,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
AMEN! You have a great understanding of the Bible
Acccording to racial dipSinsationalism maybe; but, for anyone who cares to use the actual words of Scripture itself, there's just too much stuffed between what is written and that replaces the words of Scripture themselves.

"Seven years great tribulation" is not in the Bible.
"Go to heaven" never occurs in the Bible.
Never occurring in the Bible, the word "rapture" is received from the traditions of men which is a way they make void the Word of God, just as Jesus described. Nobody can look it up to help themselves or others to better understand what is written as we can with Bible words and their categories. The meaning of "rapture" varies according to who your teachers were.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:00 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,407,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
Acccording to racial dipSinsationalism maybe; but, for anyone who cares to use the actual words of Scripture itself, there's just too much stuffed between what is written and that replaces the words of Scripture themselves.

Never occurring in the Bible, the word "rapture" is received from the traditions of men which is a way they make void the Word of God, just as Jesus described. Nobody can look it up to help themselves or others to better understand what is written as we can with Bible words and their categories. The meaning of "rapture" varies according to who your teachers were.
Maybe you should read Mike's post again, he is right on about the rapture. The word is not in the Bible, but the Bible clearly teaches it's going to happen. And the seven year tribulation is most definitely taught in Rev.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:03 PM

702 posts, read 1,007,112 times
Quote:
Maybe you should read Mike's post again, he is right on about the rapture. The word is not in the Bible, but the Bible clearly teaches it's going to happen. And the seven year tribulation is most definitely taught in Rev.
(Read my post at the end of page 1 here. It gives more detailed information.) I noticed you never quoted anything from the Bible that uses the words in those phrases. That's the kind of thing I'm trying to alert people to. If you don't have a good concordance you can go to bluletterbible, for instance, and get into their search functions and original language studies. For someone to just reassure us that this or that is good, or it's right just won't hit the mark, when it comes to what we can prove is or is not in the Bible.

All that non-biblical stuff keeps people from finding out what God says is going to happen as we transition into the age of Tabernacles. Simply, He will bring a humble mature people, who hear Him and love His appearing, into complete victory, even over death. What they say and do will come to determine what happens among the sons of men.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:32 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,190,414 times
The church system is stuck, so that they can't accept a spiritual message from a spiritual book.

"So Christ also, having been once offered to bear the sins of many, SHALL APPEAR A SECOND TIME, apart from sin, to them that wait for Him, unto salvation." That is how the Greek text reads. The statement is not prophetic, but doctrinal; and the doctrine in question is not the so-called "second coming," but the priesthood! It is not the prediction of an event to be realized by those who shall be alive on earth at the time of the end, but the declaration of a truth and a fact to be realized by every elect member of the body of Christ, no matter in what dispensation his sojourn upon earth may fall.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:53 PM

150 posts, read 301,226 times
Quote:
The Bible does NOT teach a pre-tribulation "so called" rapture.It is a False teaching.
Jesus gathers His people to Himself at His "second coming" at the END OF THE AGE.
The end of this age is at the end of the great tribulation.
The next age is His 1000 year reign.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:44 PM

23 posts, read 41,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceweevil View Post
The Bible does NOT teach a pre-tribulation "so called" rapture.It is a False teaching.
Jesus gathers His people to Himself at His "second coming" at the END OF THE AGE.
The end of this age is at the end of the great tribulation.
The next age is His 1000 year reign.
HEAR HERE!!!!!!!!!

Many Christians have accepted the teaching of the Secret Rapture theory with little or no investigation and with little realization of its ultimate consequences. But this teaching was not taught by the early church - indeed, it was not taught by anyone until around the year 1830. Every church Father expected the church to suffer at the hands of the Antichrist and they fully expected to suffer material privation and tribulation in their daily lives as a NORMAL CONSEQUENCE of their choice to follow Jesus. There is no trace of the Secret Pre-Tribulation Rapture Theory in the early church, and no adherent of the Secret Pre-Tribulation Rapture Theory has ever successfully proven that this particular doctrine was ever held by any of the church Fathers or by any student of the Word before the last century.

As a result of the controversy which now surrounds the question of the Secret Pre-tribulation Rapture Theory, many Christians have begun to take a very flippant and offhand attitude towards the matter. Again and again one hears the rather mocking and acerbic remark, "I'm a pan-rapturist - I believe it will all 'pan out' in the end." Such statements expose a very nonchalant and indifferent attitude towards a question that the Bible considers very important. People who adopt such an attitude may someday live to regret it.

For those, however, who are serious about these matters, they need to make their minds up one way or the other (i.e., whether or not the church will go through the Tribulation), because if the church is not destined to go through the Tribulation, why should Christians take the Prophetic Scriptures seriously? - again, why prepare for something that's not going to affect us personally?

But do the Scriptures really teach that the Rapture will be a secret, invisible, and quiet event? Let's look at the main verse on the Rapture and see:
"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a SHOUT, with the VOICE of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first (i.e., the resurrection): then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds (i.e., the rapture), to meet the Lord in the air." (I Thess. 4:16-17)

The Scriptures do teach, of course, that Christ will return "as a thief in the night." This means that the time of His coming is unknown. It will come as a complete surprise to those that are not watching for His return. But the use of this term never indicates in any way that the event itself will be a secret and quiet occurrence.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:08 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,190,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
HEAR HERE!!!!!!!!!

Many Christians have accepted the teaching of the Secret Rapture theory with little or no investigation and with little realization of its ultimate consequences. But this teaching was not taught by the early church - indeed, it was not taught by anyone until around the year 1830. Every church Father expected the church to suffer at the hands of the Antichrist and they fully expected to suffer material privation and tribulation in their daily lives as a NORMAL CONSEQUENCE of their choice to follow Jesus. There is no trace of the Secret Pre-Tribulation Rapture Theory in the early church, and no adherent of the Secret Pre-Tribulation Rapture Theory has ever successfully proven that this particular doctrine was ever held by any of the church Fathers or by any student of the Word before the last century.

As a result of the controversy which now surrounds the question of the Secret Pre-tribulation Rapture Theory, many Christians have begun to take a very flippant and offhand attitude towards the matter. Again and again one hears the rather mocking and acerbic remark, "I'm a pan-rapturist - I believe it will all 'pan out' in the end." Such statements expose a very nonchalant and indifferent attitude towards a question that the Bible considers very important. People who adopt such an attitude may someday live to regret it.

For those, however, who are serious about these matters, they need to make their minds up one way or the other (i.e., whether or not the church will go through the Tribulation), because if the church is not destined to go through the Tribulation, why should Christians take the Prophetic Scriptures seriously? - again, why prepare for something that's not going to affect us personally?

But do the Scriptures really teach that the Rapture will be a secret, invisible, and quiet event? Let's look at the main verse on the Rapture and see:
"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a SHOUT, with the VOICE of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first (i.e., the resurrection): then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds (i.e., the rapture), to meet the Lord in the air." (I Thess. 4:16-17)

The Scriptures do teach, of course, that Christ will return "as a thief in the night." This means that the time of His coming is unknown. It will come as a complete surprise to those that are not watching for His return. But the use of this term never indicates in any way that the event itself will be a secret and quiet occurrence.
And yet, the Revelation of Jesus Christ (Greek: APOKALUPSIS) is literally translated as an "uncovering" - Christ is revealed from what was previously hidden in the earth.

Earth = His sons and daughters.

We know experientially that the process to remove the things that prevent the life of Christ from shining forth in glory and power through our lives sometimes requires the heavy dealings of the Lord in severe purgings, deep prunings, extreme chastisements, uncompromising judgments and the blast of refining fires. This is of course seen by the church as a very bad time on earth - while God is using it to give birth in His people.

I don't believe we're going anywhere - but the sons of God will come forth, and creation can finally stop groaning.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:28 PM

33,303 posts, read 26,501,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceweevil View Post
The foolish virgins were looking for an early wedding.[Pre-Trib rapture]
The wise virgins were prepared for a bridegroom who was delayed in coming.[Jesus Second Coming at the end of the Great Tribulation to harvest the earth and seperate the wheat from the tares.
He gathers up the tares first before the wheat.Jesus stated that, not me.

There is no such thing as a "pre-tribulation rapture". It is a FALSE doctrine that is misleading many down the wrong road.
This revelation came to me about 20 years ago when I started studying the Scriptures for myself with the guidance of the Holy Spirit instead of listening to seminary trained preachers.
You have had no revelation. The Holy Spirit does not 'reveal' anything that is contrary to the Scriptures. You have veered away from the truth.

The dispensation of the church terminates with the removal of the church from the earth and into heaven for the duration of the seven year Tribulation which is for Israel. The church has nothing to do with the Tribulation and vice versa.

You need to get yourself back under the teaching ministry of a qualified pastor/teacher. You are not qualified to study the Bible ONLY on your own. That is why God provided the spiritual gift of pastor/teacher. Ephesians 4:11-16.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:38 PM

33,303 posts, read 26,501,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post

You have a serious problem with not being able to see an event or doctrine or principle which is clearly shown in the Bible and which is described by a theological term. To you, because the word rapture isn't found in the Bible it doesn't exist. To you, because the word trinity isn't found in the Bible it is a false doctrine. To you there is no original sin because the Bible doesn't describe it to your liking.

The event we call the rapture is described in passages that have been listed many times on various threads in this forum. The triune natue of God is clearly established in the scriptures. The reality of original sin is set forth in the word of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity