Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you give up heaven to save those in hell?
I volunteer to give up heaven if all are saved from hell. 9 36.00%
Sure. 0 0%
Nope, not me. 6 24.00%
God would never allow this. 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:00 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,534,337 times

Advertisements

It just boggles my mind that some people can teach that people would burn in hell... what did Christ die for in their minds?

I would take their place... even just one.

What if the question God asks you at the judgment is: Will you give up your stay in heaven to free everyone in hell?

What would you say? Could you truly and from your heart say you would?

Would you burn all alone happily knowing everyone BUT you is in heaven with God?

I would. Without a thought... in fact I volunteer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 10:26 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It just boggles my mind that some people can teach that people would burn in hell... what did Christ die for in their minds?

What if the question God asks you at the judgment is: Will you give up your stay in heaven to free everyone in hell?

Would you burn all alone happily knowing everyone BUT you is in heaven with God?

It boggles my mind that you can't see that other people have different beliefs that yourself. It's not just some people that believe that non-Christians go to hell.

Actually, I change my answer: I wouldn't give it up for anyone because I love the Lord more than I love my family.

Last edited by CantWait2Leave; 03-10-2010 at 11:29 PM..

Old 03-10-2010, 10:39 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,383,020 times
Quote:

The idea of the "bodhisattva" promise in Buddhism seems to resonate with what you are asking here. Bodhisattvas (in general) are "enlightened" creatures who "stick around" in order to ensure that everyone finds the enlightened path.

I like this idea and have for long been attracted to the Buddhist doctrine because of it. I like the idea that among us humans are many who are struggling towards the "right path" as well as many who have "perfected" it, yet stick around out of concern for others figuring it out. My perspective is very pedestrian, but I do feel that if many of us would see faith in this way, it would be very useful . To me, the idea of volunteering is the substance of the entire path of a bodhisattva.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,621,016 times
Quote:

I have a similar thread you may be interested in:
//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...l-eternal.html

Old 03-10-2010, 10:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
the people in hell were not framed. the justice system that put them there was flawless. unlike san bruno jail where there are no rapists or murderers only victims of a judgemental and sterotyping society.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 03-10-2010 at 11:09 PM..

Old 03-10-2010, 11:00 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,621,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the people in hell were not framed. the justice system that put them there was flawless. unlike san bruno jail were there are no rapists or murderers only victims of a judgemental and sterotyping society.
Aren't you glad your not as evil or stupid or blind or selfish as all the hell people? And that you were humble/good/smart enough to make the right choice?

It's awesome!

Old 03-10-2010, 11:07 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,889,255 times
Quote:

Good for you, I hope for my sake you're given that option.

If it was me I'd say absolutely not, screw them, I'm not a sucker. If I was going to Hell anyway, I'd of had one hell of a better time on Earth.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
The idea of the "bodhisattva" promise in Buddhism seems to resonate with what you are asking here. Bodhisattvas (in general) are "enlightened" creatures who "stick around" in order to ensure that everyone finds the enlightened path.

I like this idea and have for long been attracted to the Buddhist doctrine because of it. I like the idea that among us humans are many who are struggling towards the "right path" as well as many who have "perfected" it, yet stick around out of concern for others figuring it out. My perspective is very pedestrian, but I do feel that if many of us would see faith in this way, it would be very useful . To me, the idea of volunteering is the substance of the entire path of a bodhisattva.
I think you have it exactly... in Christianity it is: "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

Old 03-10-2010, 11:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Aren't you glad your not as evil or stupid or blind or selfish as all the hell people? And that you were humble/good/smart enough to make the right choice?

It's awesome!
yep nuthin but a frameup. not a guilty person there.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
Good for you, I hope for my sake you're given that option.

If it was me I'd say absolutely not, screw them, I'm not a sucker. If I was going to Hell anyway, I'd of had one hell of a better time on Earth.
LOL That's what I'm here for!

Have a good time on me is what I'm saying... go for it. I will take hell for ya. No joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity