Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 12:15 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Kat,

So you are Amil?
Nope.. I just have no reason to disagree with his view. As a universalist I can agree to disagree without trying to condemn someone to hell for their beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 12:18 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Kat, I apologize for fighting with you on several occasions and being condescending.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Regeneration = being born again = being saved. Different words to describe the same thing.

Regeneration is a theological term for 'being born again' which means you are saved or no longer under eternal condemnation. Being saved or born again means the believer is now a part of the royal family of God.

John 3:7 ''Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again'. (Jesus witnessing to the unsaved Nicodemus.)

Acts 16:31 'And they said, ''Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved...'

Believers sin. A believer cannot sin while filled with the Spirit. But when he gives in to temptation he comes under the control of his sin nature and he sins. He remains in the status Quo of carnality until he names the sin to God as per 1 John 1:9. That's why the believer is commanded to be filled with the Spirit. Eph. 5:18.

The believer is either under the control of the indwelling Holy Spirit or under the control of his sin nature. That is why the believer is commanded to not quench or grieve the Holy Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 5:19; Ephesians 4:30.
Hey Mike I am a student with Grand Canyon University and I'm writing my thesis for my CWV Course on Gospel Essentials and I need to cite a statement that you wrote that I like about "...being in the royal family...". Most likely its not a site that my instructor will count as a source but at least I'm being legit to properly quote it. Just one issue Im having is I need your last name to get a proper citation.
Thank you- Elizabeth

Old 09-29-2019, 08:09 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ETexan View Post
Hey Mike I am a student with Grand Canyon University and I'm writing my thesis for my CWV Course on Gospel Essentials and I need to cite a statement that you wrote that I like about "...being in the royal family...". Most likely its not a site that my instructor will count as a source but at least I'm being legit to properly quote it. Just one issue Im having is I need your last name to get a proper citation.
Thank you- Elizabeth
I'm sorry, but I'm not giving out my last name on the forum. But I didn't originate the term 'royal family of God.' The first pastor I heard use that term was Robert B. Thieme Jr. of Berachah Church many years ago. The term has since been used by other pastors. Here are a couple of sites you might consider using for a citation.

http://dikaosune.com/documents/THEROYALFAMILY.pdf

https://www.wenstrom.org/downloads/w...basic/rfog.pdf

I hope that helps.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:28 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Word in Greek used for salvation also means deliverance. Delivered FROM something. Delivered from His wrath for sin, delivered from darkness into light, ect. Helps if you understand that it is not a one stop shopping trip, it's a progressive action, ie. we were saved, we're being saved, we shall be saved (to the uttermost), as one of the previous posters pointed out. We are saved, spirit, soul and body and in that order.

Text should read "born from above", not born again, as in caught up into our mother, Jerusalem (formed by wisdom who is "she") which is above. That's why Nicodemus questioned Him in the line of thinking regarding going back into a mother's womb (the womb of the morning, in this case). Blessings...

Old 09-29-2019, 09:35 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Text should read "born from above", not born again, as in caught up into our mother, Jerusalem (formed by wisdom who is "she") which is above. That's why Nicodemus questioned Him in the line of thinking regarding going back into a mother's womb (the womb of the morning, in this case). Blessings...
Actually, the word "gennao" since it refers to God the Father (male) the text should read "conceived from above." which implies insemination NOT a birth. When "gennao" refers to a female, then it would be read as "born."

Old 09-30-2019, 02:26 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually, the word "gennao" since it refers to God the Father (male) the text should read "conceived from above." which implies insemination NOT a birth. When "gennao" refers to a female, then it would be read as "born."

yĕshuw`ah
Outline of Biblical Usage
  1. salvation, deliverance
    1. welfare, prosperity
    2. deliverance
    3. salvation (by God)
    4. victory
Again = Outline of Biblical Usage
  1. FROM ABOVE, from a higher place
    1. of things which come from heaven or God
  2. from the first, from the beginning, from the very first
  3. anew, over again

Born = anagennáō, an-ag-en-nah'-o; from G303 and G1080; to beget or (by extension) bear (again):—beget, (bear) × (again).

G303 ana means preposition, properly, upward, up, denoting motion from a LOWER PLACE TO A HIGHER = to DELIVER FROM.

Old 10-12-2019, 04:25 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Maybe scripture to back up what you say - where is the scripture that says be born again and you will be saved? Scriptures seem to say believe and be saved - not be born again and be saved -----

and yes, I do know that being born again is by the Holy Spirit.
What we are saved from is a life seemingly separate from God and being alienated in our minds from the source due to that belief in being separated. It’s a fundamentalist belief that’s ostracized the world from its source.

Old 10-12-2019, 08:43 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
The usages given for the Greek are interesting, but mooot in the light of the understanding expressed by Nicodemus and answered by Jesus. Exegetical dithering aside, it is all about a sea change in understanding and purpose. How hard is that?

Old 10-12-2019, 12:30 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What we are saved from is a life seemingly separate from God and being alienated in our minds from the source due to that belief in being separated. It’s a fundamentalist belief that’s ostracized the world from its source.
Yeah, I agree

Our minds and our desires can and do lead us astray, and it’s not just individuals but communities this happens to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity