Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 03:31 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,707,679 times

Advertisements

A thought from another thread ---->

Ans (or anyone else) I am interested in how you see judgment actioned, and how the dead being raised and then being annihilated relates to these verses

1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

I do not see how a body raised incorruptible in glory, power, and spiritual can be annihilated and I do not see where anything raised by the Holy Spirit is destined for destruction - annihilation and second death is about destruction. And how I see resurrection is being raised from destruction and corruption.

Resurrection --G386 - ἀνάστασις - anastasis -an-as'-tas-is
From G450; a standing up again, that is, (literally) a resurrection from death (individual, general or by implication (its author)), or (figuratively) a (moral) recovery (of spiritual truth): - raised to life again, resurrection, rise from the dead, that should rise, rising again.

Incorruption --- G861 -ἀφθαρσία - aphtharsia - af-thar-see'-ah
From G862; incorruptibility; generally unending existence; (figuratively) genuineness: - immortality, incorruption, sincerity.

Glory ----- G1391 - δόξα - doxa - dox'-ah
From the base of G1380; glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literally or figuratively, objectively or subjectively): - dignity, glory (-ious), honour, praise, worship.

Power ---- G1411 - δύναμις - dunamis - doo'-nam-is
From G1410; force (literally or figuratively); specifically miraculous power (usually by implication a miracle itself): - ability, abundance, meaning, might (-ily, -y, -y deed), (worker of) miracle (-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.

Spiritual - G4152 --- πνευματικός - pneumatikos -phyoo-mat-ik-os'
From G4151; non-carnal, that is, (humanly) ethereal (as opposed to gross), or (daemoniacally) a spirit (concretely), or (divinely) supernatural, regenerate, religious: - spiritual. Compare G5591.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 04:13 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
A thought from another thread ---->

Ans (or anyone else) I am interested in how you see judgment actioned, and how the dead being raised and then being annihilated relates to these verses

1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

I do not see how a body raised incorruptible in glory, power, and spiritual can be annihilated and I do not see where anything raised by the Holy Spirit is destined for destruction - annihilation and second death is about destruction. And how I see resurrection is being raised from destruction and corruption.

Resurrection --G386 - ἀνάστασις - anastasis -an-as'-tas-is
From G450; a standing up again, that is, (literally) a resurrection from death (individual, general or by implication (its author)), or (figuratively) a (moral) recovery (of spiritual truth): - raised to life again, resurrection, rise from the dead, that should rise, rising again.

Incorruption --- G861 -ἀφθαρσία - aphtharsia - af-thar-see'-ah
From G862; incorruptibility; generally unending existence; (figuratively) genuineness: - immortality, incorruption, sincerity.

Glory ----- G1391 - δόξα - doxa - dox'-ah
From the base of G1380; glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literally or figuratively, objectively or subjectively): - dignity, glory (-ious), honour, praise, worship.

Power ---- G1411 - δύναμις - dunamis - doo'-nam-is
From G1410; force (literally or figuratively); specifically miraculous power (usually by implication a miracle itself): - ability, abundance, meaning, might (-ily, -y, -y deed), (worker of) miracle (-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.

Spiritual - G4152 --- πνευματικός - pneumatikos -phyoo-mat-ik-os'
From G4151; non-carnal, that is, (humanly) ethereal (as opposed to gross), or (daemoniacally) a spirit (concretely), or (divinely) supernatural, regenerate, religious: - spiritual. Compare G5591.
I really would not want to speculate in spiritual matters for my thoughts can only comprehend earthly things (and struggling at that)...I go by what is written and pray for guidance from the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said, "there are those who call me Lord, Lord...yet I do not know them.

Rev. 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. (Matthew 27:51-53)

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were JUDGED every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Now the following verse is very intriguing for it mentions those who are cast into the lake of fire.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

We ARE descendants of God's first created man...therefore we should be written in the book of life.

IMHO - this passage pertains to evil spirits (angels who rebelled) and have no earthly genealogy...and who cannot die. Thus my belief that this means total separation from GOD.

Rev.12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Again...opinions abound...Next!

Old 03-29-2010, 04:23 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post

We ARE descendants of God's first created man...therefore we should be written in the book of life.
I will just ask you a question relating to this portion at this stage and come back to the other parts later -- I wonder if the book of life is actually referring to spiritual life and not carnal physical life. There are references that say that even though we are physically alive, until regenerated, we are not thought of as alive (spiritually)

I believe that the lambs book of life would hold those names of those that had overcome -- it would not hold the names of everyone physically born as those that are not written in the book are cast into the "lake of fire" which is actually the second death.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:47 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
I will just ask you a question relating to this portion at this stage and come back to the other parts later -- I wonder if the book of life is actually referring to spiritual life and not carnal physical life. There are references that say that even though we are physically alive, until regenerated, we are not thought of as alive (spiritually)

I believe that the lambs book of life would hold those names of those that had overcome -- it would not hold the names of everyone physically born as those that are not written in the book are cast into the "lake of fire" which is actually the second death.
IMHO - When Jesus died on the cross...we were given the Holy spirit while still in the flesh...for by his blood we are cleansed and freed from the bondage of death...REBORN. Psalm 24 "Victory over death". God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity