Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2010, 07:49 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,009,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
WOW, talk about reading between the lines. No place in the link you provide does it say there's a connection between solar activity and earthquakes.

In fact, the link clams that it will affect your electronic toys, gadgets, cell phones, computers, etc.

But it sure is fun reading your post and seeing what a vivid imagination you have.

busta
When you are an end times doomsayer,no real proof or connection is needed.All that is needed is what you THINK your adolescent interpretation of the Bible says.Solar storms mean the end of the world,even though the reason we know solar storms are coming is because they have come regularly on 11 year cycles since man was intelligent enough to notice.Earthquakes are a sign of the end of the world even though it has been shown,in this thread, that there are no more earthquakes than normal.But one happened on the front doorstep of America,in Haiti,so the American press now reports any earthquake around the world for a few months,so it must be that there are more happening,right?Even though the USGS shows there aren't.

It is all so infantile and sad.At least Chicken Little was just a children's story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 03:00 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,453,122 times
I'm going to keep posting them as they're sent to me, and you all debunkers go ahead and do what you do best, alright? But.............. I have work to do!!

DK Matai: Could Super Solar Flares Take Us Back To 5000 BC?

Old 06-22-2010, 10:21 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,653,175 times
What's this? Brazil floods AGAIN?!!

Brazil floods: Dozens dead, 100,000 homeless

So what was that about everything being normal again?! Normal for who?!

Last edited by allenk893; 06-22-2010 at 10:32 AM..

Old 06-22-2010, 10:36 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,580,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Normal for who?!
Normal for the planet, floods are one of the deadliest form of natural weather events on the planet.

Flood Fatalities

The world is not ending, the sensationalism of news reporting is merely feeding the paranoia of the 'chicken little' crowd.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:44 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,453,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Normal for the planet, floods are one of the deadliest form of natural weather events on the planet.

Flood Fatalities

The world is not ending, the sensationalism of news reporting is merely feeding the paranoia of the 'chicken little' crowd.

You're still not understanding.....today is the day of salvation, TODAY! Forget about the "world ending". Today......before your caught unaware. You never know when your number will be called, this is the END of which I speak....

The increase of "natural" disasters; of which we point to, they are just the "birth pangs"......

Old 06-22-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You're still not understanding.....today is the day of salvation, TODAY! Forget about the "world ending". Today......before your caught unaware. You never know when your number will be called, this is the END of which I speak....

The increase of "natural" disasters; of which we point to, they are just the "birth pangs"......
Salvation? What for?

#1 I have done nothing that I need slavated () for (Hey! if Bush could make up words, I can make up words )
#2 Dead is dead, end of story, either of us could be struck and killed by a meteorite as we sit at our computer, just bad luck, wrong place, wrong time, and it sucks for those that care about us, but that is it.
#3 I have a whole lot more things here and now I need to direct my attention toward than wallowing in the "what ifs" that of personal nightmares.

But the reality is, this "increase of natural disasters" you speak of, is your paranoia feeding of fear as the facts prove that this old earth is just plugging along at a very average rate of natural disasters.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:12 PM

723 posts, read 1,048,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Earthquake info...World wide there has been an average of 28,506 quakes per year between 2000 and 2009. So far in 2010 there have only been 8,233 quakes...So far, way below average for this year.

Actually there has only been on average 1,656 earthquakes per year the last ten years!!!

click link

Earthquakes per year

I do not know the total for this year, but I know your numbers are way off!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 06-22-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Actually there has only been on average 1,656 earthquakes per year the last ten years!!!

click link

Earthquakes per year

I do not know the total for this year, but I know your numbers are way off!!
I suggest you find better sources, depending on the threshold at which you count, there are over a million each year above 2.0 on the Richter scale.

Earthquake Facts and Statistics

Statistics out of context, are just like passages out of the bible, out of context, meaningless but useful in supporting which ever position is currently the bee under your bonnet

Old 06-22-2010, 08:36 PM

723 posts, read 1,048,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I suggest you find better sources, depending on the threshold at which you count, there are over a million each year above 2.0 on the Richter scale.

Earthquake Facts and Statistics

Statistics out of context, are just like passages out of the bible, out of context, meaningless but useful in supporting which ever position is currently the bee under your bonnet
Still yet his numbers were wrong!! You were the one who said his statements were facts!!!

So more or less, if it is someone you agree with then they state facts and everyone that does not agree with you is wrong!!

Thats hypocrisy!!!

And for your information:

The link I provided says the same thing you just stated!!!

So next time check my source before you stick your large foot into your even larger mouth!!!!

DALE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity