Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 01:38 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,705,178 times

Advertisements

what does it mean to you.. to follow jesus.. in your view/experience , how is it done?

Well, Jesus said, "Come and follow Me !!"
My view and experiences have been when someone believes in something or someone so deeply they will trust and they will follow and become that which they believe.
And when one believes in someone after it has prove to be real and faithful it will become so much a part of their very being because they have opened their heart to trust that person or idea.
It will definitely create a desire too follow whomever or whatever because it has proved to be true to them, and become the very thing they believed it to be.

Jesus one day came to my life with His unconditional love bringing a faith too believed in that love!! He gave me the faith in my heart to believe why He came to my life......and what He was saying about life eternal.
He therefore created a desires in me too follow Him, and a desire to be like Him !!
I see when one follows someone they actually do become like the one they follow. They loose their old identity and take on their new identity of the very one or idea they follow and hold in their heart to be true.

It's kind of like a co-dependent relationship. "Without Him I can do nothing," and "'For in Him we live and move and have our being." So.... when you spend a whole lot of time with that individual and you become inseparable, your thoughts, behavior, etc., become just like the very one you are in that relationship with...... after a long time you'll know and act upon each other' thoughts, ways, without thinking about it !!

Blessings.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 02:07 AM

223 posts, read 303,579 times
The DEVIL will decieve many with a FALSE jesus!

Matthew 24:24 (King James Version)

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Paul wrote to the Galatian Christians about this tendency to believe in a different gospel:
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to different gospel—which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!” (Gal. 1:6–9)
He wrote similarly to the Corinthians:
I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that. I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. . . . For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve. (2 Cor. 11:1–4; 13–15)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity