Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 03:49 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Jesus' message is in harmony with Paul's -- because the message came from God.

Mark 16
[15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
[17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
[18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
[19] So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
[20] And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

This is why Paul warned men! Damnation awaits sinners. We must repent and be obedient to the LORD.

You asked the question and it was answered.

G2632 katakrino kat-ak-ree'-no
from G2596 and G2919;
to judge against, i.e. sentence:--condemn, damn.

The issue is that to sentence someone does not inherantly mean to damn for all eternity.

Try again.

Judgment awaits all men, this includes you, if judgment equals damnation, YOU ARE DAMNED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 03:51 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,525,301 times
Quote:
That's my point. Their belief goes against what Paul was doing. When a believer delivers the whole counsel of God, there's God's love and His wrath to be preached. If sinners reject God's love, they will die in their sins; and there's a hell awaiting them.

Since Paul preached the whole counsel of God, he was free from the blood of men if they die in their sins.
IS that what Paul meant? How is Paul free from blood of men when he killed many of them shedding their blood literally?

What is Paul REALLY saying?
You wrote:
Quote:
Acts 20
[26] Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.
[27] For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
[28] Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
[29] For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
[30] Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
[31] Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
What about verse 24? "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace. "

The task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace... that same grace that killed off SAUL and created a new man, PAUL. That grace washed away the FACT that he slaughtered men and women in the name of Judaism and God.

Notice also that in verse 31 Paul states that he has spent 3 years night and day warning everyone of the trouble coming... coming when? Within that generation people were slaughtered in the city just a few years later! If you believe this applies to now... then why aren't YOU out there day and night for years warning people of what is coming?

Universalism is the principal that Christ died ONCE FOR ALL. Not many times so that many could be saved. Not once for some but once for all!
Christ came to show God's grace and truth. Christ came to seek and save the lost, the hurt, the hopeless, the faithless, the wicked and ungrateful!

That is universalism and I am confused as to how that is threatening to some people. Why is the fact that all will be saved so very threatening to mainstream Christianity?

Verse 32
“Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified."

The word of God's grace BUILDS YOU UP and doesn't tear you down. Does telling someone God will burn them eternally BUILD THEM UP?

Verse 35
"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

WE MUST HELP THE WEAK.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:51 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You asked the question and it was answered.

G2632 katakrino kat-ak-ree'-no
from G2596 and G2919;
to judge against, i.e. sentence:--condemn, damn.

The issue is that to sentence someone does not inherantly mean to damn for all eternity.

Try again.

Judgment awaits all men, this includes you, if judgment equals damnation, YOU ARE DAMNED.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:54 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,303 times
Judgement is a good thing, it is how we learn. We tend to think of God as a merciless Judge.
His purposes are to teach and improve His creation, not to be "up one." Our sin means nothing to God. He is above it.

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-02-2010, 03:55 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Scripture does not support the UR belief.

It absolutely DOES! In fact, MUCH more so than any other SYSTEM: Calvinism, Arminian, and on and on and on and on..........

I did NOT just wake up one day and decide that everything was peachy keen. It is NOT. But, there is something MUCH bigger going on. The mystery includes us ALL. No doubt in my mind.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:59 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,942,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Not at all. I met my judgement at Calvary. Jesus paid the price to forgive my past sins and to deliver me from my sins; the power is in the blood to set the captives free; it's the year of Jubilee. There's no other way this side of hell to be set free. Paul warned people by delivering the whole counsel of God -- and I will do the same.

Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:00 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
It absolutely DOES! In fact, MUCH more so than any other SYSTEM: Calvinism, Arminian, and on and on and on and on..........

I did NOT just wake up one day and decide that everything was peachy keen. It is NOT. But, there is something MUCH bigger going on. The mystery includes us ALL. No doubt in my mind.
You constantly talk about "all the mistranslations" because it's the only way to justify UR. Why won't you trust God and believe He's capable of keeping His Word true and free from errors?

Old 06-02-2010, 04:02 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
They don't believe in Satan either?
No, most of them don't. It is a worry-free existance, but hiding their heads in the sand does't make Satan and hell go away.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:02 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,191 times
Quote:
Not at all. I met my judgement at Calvary. Jesus paid the price to forgive my past sins and to deliver me from my sins; the power is in the blood to set the captives free; it's the year of Jubilee. There's no other way this side of hell to be set free. Paul warned people by delivering the whole counsel of God -- and I will do the same.

Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

That is not the argument, Christian universalism understands Christ is the only way.

Try again.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:04 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,620,576 times
You guys are not trying to understand UR.....just like I wasn't. I did not want to hear it, I didn't read any of the links they provided or the scripture they provided. When you think you are soooo right then all you do is argue your side of it, without really investigating the other side.

Universalists DO NOT deny judgment, nor do they deny sentencing and the wrath of God. Jesus' message is just as important to UR as it is for fundamentalism.......there is no salvation without Jesus!! Salvation and reconciliation are different things. I can only suggest you read and study more about universalism like I'm doing and read this thread:

Universalists: Please Explain Why You Believe Like You Do

How do you expect to understand something if you won't even hear what is being said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity