Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2010, 05:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Are some saying that belief in Satan is a requirement of salvation?
I would say it appears so . It seems to me reading these posts that some miraculously understood the whole counsel of God the moment they believed,

When the Lord opened my eyes to His salvation , i was amazed to hear that Noah was an old testament saint , i seriously believed he was a cartoon character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 05:18 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I would say it appears so .
Hmm, I thought it was a belief in Jesus.

Quote:

It seems to me reading these posts that some miraculously understood the whole counsel of God the moment they believed,
In fairness, I get critisized because I believe I know more than some believe we can know.

Quote:
i seriously believed he was a cartoon character.
I can relate, Satan as a red horned beast makes me laugh.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Hmm, I thought it was a belief in Jesus.
So did I , but i believe in UR so what do i know.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:29 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So did I , but i believe in UR so what do i know.
For some reason I never remember if you believe in UR or not. It's really weird because I don't have this problem with anyone else.
I guess I won't forget now that I wrote this! lol

Old 06-02-2010, 05:33 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Here is your devil:

"Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy." Isa. 54:16.

Blessings,
brian
I agree brian!

To FINN, et al.-
satan - שָׂטָן
Is not a proper noun.... and means: opponent, adversary, accuser

Derived from מַעְבָּדִים which is: work

devil - diabolos - slanderous, accusing falsely, malicious gossip

Interestingly there is not a person called SATAN but a word that has come to mean a person.

So while I believe there are slanderers, opponents, adversaries, accusers, and malicious gossipers... I don't believe in SATAN any more than SANTA.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:36 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
For some reason I never remember if you believe in UR or not. It's really weird because I don't have this problem with anyone else.
What I think is there is too much labelling and generalising and not enough talking to each other as individuals JMHO It is so easy to do ...... label and generalise, we all do it and then we do not hear what someone else is saying we look at all the generalisations

IMO This whole thread is full of just that ..........

Old 06-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Yea i am a weirdo , i also don't consider myself a christian . I just cannot bring myself to say it . My faith is in Him and not what label i wear.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:01 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Moderator cut: Orphaned

There is judgment that starts at the house of God

1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1Pe 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
1Pe 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
1Pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
1Pe 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

1Co 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Last edited by june 7th; 06-03-2010 at 12:10 AM..

Old 06-02-2010, 06:10 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
What I think is there is too much labelling and generalising and not enough talking to each other as individuals JMHO It is so easy to do ...... label and generalise, we all do it and then we do not hear what someone else is saying we look at all the generalisations

IMO This whole thread is full of just that ..........
I agree with you.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:12 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
II don't believe in SATAN any more than SANTA.
OK, so is that three NO, and one YES? Something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity