Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 04:45 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
No, it's not pretty and actually it will make the hair stand up on the back of your neck. It's scary. You can't explain away what you know to be pure, true evil. I hope those who have never experienced never do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 04:45 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have put my trust in Him.
Great - now take up your cross and follow Him deeper than every stone-cold assembly in Laodicea. If it's right there on the surface as so many contend, that tells you immediately that they haven't gone in deeper with Him.

The plan of God is deeper than we'll ever know in this life.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:48 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times
Quote:
Prince of the air! Good. Ok, one who believes, and one who doesn't. I am waiting to hear from the others.

I am not making this up Ilene. I remember the thread where Satan was discussed, and most URs did not share your belief when it comes to Satan.
I'm sure there are some who don't believe in Satan but when you've experienced pure evil you realize beyond any shadow of a doubt there is a Satan and he's very busy. Oh how I praise God that he saved me from all of that. Nothing has changed about what I believe except that there is no eternal fiery hell awaiting most people. I'm still a literalist and could still be considered a fundamentalist.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:57 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I'm sure there are some who don't believe in Satan but when you've experienced pure evil you realize beyond any shadow of a doubt there is a Satan and he's very busy.
Well, we are in agreement about that.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:57 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
What we have on this forum is all manner of depths in their walk with Christ - some are babes, some "teenagers", and so forth. The staples of salvation are shared, but the knowledge of and experiential work of God in lives are all over the board...

...do we really expect unity on a message board?

If we were all in one accord in person in praise, you wouldn't be able to identify a UR from an ET. But this is just talk - rarely does anyone actually express how much they love the King.

Just sayin'.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:02 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Okay, but you never mentioned hell. Do you believe in hell but don't think it's eternal?
I do not need to mention hell.

For the sake of simplicity to avoid not getting into a discussion about the words hades, gehenna, tartaroo and sheol I will say that once you realize the usages of those 4 words, a translation that uses hell doesn't matter. there are various translations that use hell and some use it a different number of times than another one might. Some do not use the word hell at all. So over that one word, we could argue about the word hell, but there is no need.

No one escapes judgment, we are all judged and we all are held accountable for our actions. That accountability is concerning our correction. Since correction inherantly cannot be everlasting, then the consequences we reap are temporary.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:03 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You asked the question and it was

Judgment awaits all men, this includes you, if judgment equals damnation, YOU ARE DAMNED.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:07 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
No one escapes judgment, we are all judged and we all are held accountable for our actions. That accountability is concerning our correction. Since correction inherantly cannot be everlasting, then the consequences we reap are temporary.
What kind of 'correction' method are we talking about here? How long? A couple of hundred thousand year soak in the lake of fire?

Matthew 25:41 Then he will say to those on his left 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:08 PM

Are some saying that belief in Satan is a requirement of salvation?

Old 06-02-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
What kind of 'correction' method are we talking about here? How long? A couple of hundred thousand year soak in the lake of fire?

Matthew 25:41 Then he will say to those on his left 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Your question points out the very nature of the word aionios in that verse. You will not be able to perceive the ending.

Did God correct something about you in this life with a soaking in literal fire?

Perhaps he needed to teach you fire is hot because you didn't listen to your parents warnings, but did it last forever? Nope.

Are things in your life that God taught you over because you LEARNED? Of course.

I know many who are corrected in things in this life, including myself, wondered if our trial would ever end. While in the midst of those corrective things, it can be miserable and seem like there is no end to it. Yet, there is.

Such is the Love of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity