Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 04:32 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, indeed there are. You'd be surprised than in some Christian denomication over 90% of the pastors do not believe in hell, and even at Baptist church 50% of the pastors don't believe it, and therefore they do not preach it. It is a sign of the times. Satan has been working hard to convince people that such place does not exist, and that even he does not exist, or if he exists, he is a lesser being than what he really is. However Jesus said it exists, so I'll go with His word.
NOT a sign of the times. There were MANY in the past who did not believe it. They just would not say so to the average pew-warmer (and, they would lose their congregations). I guess they think that the masses don't need mythological Greek hellfire to scare them into the churches anymore.

Please do some study on your own. And, I don't mean just a casual glance at some online sites. I mean, STUDY! That is all I do these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 04:33 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,942,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
If you're not going to investigate and at least try and understand what Universalists believe then you have NO RIGHT to keep spewing these non-truths about what they do or do not believe.
If Eve would not have investigated the forbidden fruit, then the devil could not have gotten her to eat it. It all started with a look. We have God's truth today, just as Eve had God's truth in her day, so we are to hold our ground; the Word has all the truth we need.

1 Cor. 10
[11] Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
[12] Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
[13] There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:33 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times
Quote:
OK, tell me who is Satan.

We have been through this so many times, that it's funny you'd make a comment like that.
Satan is the one who keeps blinders on your eyes and cotton in your ears so you won't learn the truth. He's the one that makes you go "la-la-la-la" with your fingers in your ears while you spout insults in between la-la's.

Satan would like for you to believe that universalists are his minions, while you completely overlook what is really important. He is evil, he is real and he is the prince of the air. You don't have to convince me he's real, I've been nose to nose with pure evil and I know just how real he is. All evil is born of the devil. But that's okay because we know he doesn't win. And he doesn't get to take NOT ONE human being with him to his destruction. ALL will be reconciled to God because that's what God desires.

Ephesians 1:9-10
9And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ,

10to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:34 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
There's a difference between shrugging it off and putting your trust in the Living God, you know - the Savior of...?
I have put my trust in Him.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:36 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
CantWait2Leave,

This is the exact same argument I used to use with my dad. I can see how patient he was with me, now. Well, actually he yelled a bit sometimes, but he was trying to undo some brainwashing. I would say, "Dad, if God is powerful then he would not let humans tamper with his word." Exactly that.

He sent me some papers and then he just became quiet after a while. It took me 5 YEARS to finally take a look at them, and only because I was on a downward slope into darkness, self-righteousness, and hatred.

When I DID start looking, I was BLOWN AWAY! There ARE errors in the Bible. I wouldn't look because I was too afraid of losing my faith. There are MANY errors and INTENTIONAL mistranslations in the Bible. Not only that, people are interpreting MANY passages of scripture LITERALLY, when, if you REALLY thought about (which I would NOT do for many years) would make ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!

This has all been rather hard to go through, but it has brought SO much freedom to my soul. I no longer grit my teeth in anger and frustration (well, kind of, when nobody listens to what I'm saying, I do---kind of hypocritical of me, I know, since I would not listen to anyone who tried to tell me about this before)

Anyway, I CANNOT go back to what I was taught. It simply doesn't match up to the truth. It doesn't. One thing I am ABSOLUTELY SURE OF: Hell in the traditional sense DOES NOT EXIST! It is the MOST unbiblical doctrine in tradition.

I am still studying the rest of UR's claims. Most of it I understand, but there are some parts I am still struggling with. I am the kind of person that wants ALL my pieces in place before I tell you the truth. I am NOT playing games. Not my forte.
No surprise here, but I respectfully disagree, but I appreciate you giving me an honest answer. I have studied UR in depth and do not believe it's true. I am still studying various beliefs like OSAS and I believe we all should continue seeking the truth until our lives are over.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Satan is the one who keeps blinders on your eyes and cotton in your ears so you won't learn the truth. He's the one that makes you go "la-la-la-la" with your fingers in your ears while you spout insults in between la-la's.

Satan would like for you to believe that universalists are his minions, while you completely overlook what is really important. He is evil, he is real and he is the prince of the air. You don't have to convince me he's real, I've been nose to nose with pure evil and I know just how real he is. All evil is born of the devil. But that's okay because we know he doesn't win. And he doesn't get to take NOT ONE human being with him to his destruction. ALL will be reconciled to God because that's what God desires.

9And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ,

10to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and on
earth together under one head, even Christ.
Above in red: Me too. Not pretty. And most definitely not just humans being humans. Some bizarre unexplainable things have happened in my life. NOT explainable! My dad tried to test me (he was a computer programmer and into logic and statistics. He TRIED to explain this crud. Couldn't do it)

Last edited by herefornow; 06-02-2010 at 05:37 PM..

Old 06-02-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
No surprise here, but I respectfully disagree, but I appreciate you giving me an honest answer. I have studied UR in depth and do not believe it's true. I am still studying various beliefs like OSAS and I believe we all should continue seeking the truth until our lives are over.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:39 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:

10to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.
Prince of the air! Good. Ok, one who believes, and one who doesn't. I am waiting to hear from the others.

I am not making this up Ilene. I remember the thread where Satan was discussed, and most URs did not share your belief when it comes to Satan.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:40 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,921 times
Quote:
OK. That's one.

Eusebius, are you here? Do you believe Satan is the fallen angel? How about you Katlljj? Or Legoman?
Here is your devil:

"Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy." Isa. 54:16.

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-02-2010, 04:42 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Above in red: Me too. Not pretty. And most definitely not just humans being humans. Some bizarre unexplainable things have happened in my life, and they are NOT explained away. My dad tried to test me (he was a computer programmer and into logic and statistics. He TRIED to explain this crud. Couldn't do it)
No, it's not pretty and actually it will make the hair stand up on the back of your neck. It's scary. You can't explain away what you know to be pure, true evil. I hope those who have never experienced never do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity