Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 02:34 PM

139 posts, read 223,671 times

Advertisements

And that the Pharisees had the scripture, yet did not have the Light, neither could they see that he was the Christ, though the scripture bore testimony of him; neither would they come unto him for Life and salvation, but trusted in the scripture, thinking there to find eternal Life, and found it not therein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 02:59 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Default Isaiah 29:11-24 "Woe to Ariel"

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is SEALED.

12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept (doctrine) of men:

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Quote:
Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth that thou hast hid these things from the wise and the prudent, and hast revealed them unto BABES: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father: and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

23 And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see:

24 For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which you see, and HAVE NOT SEEN THEM; and to hear those things which ye hear, and HAVE NOT HEARD THEM.
18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

19 The MEEK (Matthew 5:5) also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.

20 For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and ALL THAT WATCH FOR INIQUITY ARE CUT OFF:

21 That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.

Blessings...

Old 06-04-2010, 03:25 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
And that the Pharisees had the scripture, yet did not have the Light, neither could they see that he was the Christ, though the scripture bore testimony of him; neither would they come unto him for Life and salvation, but trusted in the scripture, thinking there to find eternal Life, and found it not therein.
Yes so sad -- worshipping the OT as the source of life and missing their Messiah

Old 06-04-2010, 03:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Above all God wants us to see the reality of Himself . What He did at the Cross was the way back to seeing Him for who He is, and for seeing ourselves has He sees us.
If your doctrine is not accomplishing this it's a clanging cymbal.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:59 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Bible and the Bible alone is the source of the Church-age believers instructions for executing the Christian way of life.
And I guess, since the Bible alone is the source of this information, we should expect to see something in the Bible which states this. Could you tell me where it is found?

Old 06-04-2010, 10:16 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And I guess, since the Bible alone is the source of this information, we should expect to see something in the Bible which states this. Could you tell me where it is found?[/color]
Is the Bible truly the final authority in all matters of faith and morals? - ChristianAnswers.Net

http://www.padfield.com/acrobat/gree...revelation.pdf

Four Reasons to Trust the Bible as YOUR Final Authority

Old 06-04-2010, 10:36 PM

No, Mike. If the Bible is truly the final authority, I should be able to find something to that effect in the Bible. I shouldn't have to look to any other sources (like these websites) for that pronouncement. If I have to have some other source tell me that the Bible is the only source, then the Bible isn't the only source. It's a circular argument.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:44 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,753 times
Quote:
No, Mike. If the Bible is truly the final authority, I should be able to find something to that effect in the Bible. I shouldn't have to look to any other sources (like these websites) for that pronouncement. If I have to have some other source tell me that the Bible is the only source, then the Bible isn't the only source. It's a circular argument.
Excellent point, Katzpur!

Last edited by Bright Hope for Tomorrow; 06-04-2010 at 11:11 PM..

Old 06-04-2010, 10:48 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
The links provide the passages. It's faster then me typing them in.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The links provide the passages. It's faster then me typing them in.
I'm sorry, but none of the passages say that the Bible is complete or that it should be our only source of information about what God expects of us. They say a lot of things about scripture, and I agree with everything they say, but they don't say what you're claiming they say.

I'm sitting here thinking that if God did have something to say to us here and now, you'd be right there telling Him you've got your Bible and He's supposed to be through talking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity