Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 01:29 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,469,873 times

Advertisements

You know, not to be a ****** or anything, but I really don't want to get to know them better. One of the ladies that lives there is nice and I do not mind the kids, they are sweet, but I do not want to share elbow grease with them at all.

They have ten cars parked in their front yard and all of their trash blows into my yard. The county has made them remove a kitchen and bedrooms they were building in the basement without a permit.

They have fiestas into the night outside in the back yard after ten pm. They need to take responsibility.

People can attack me over my feelings on this all day long..... If I did the same thing, I would also have to take responsibility for it.

Thanks for the tip though, I have used the magic eraser around the house and it does the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 01:32 PM
lgt

469 posts, read 1,346,628 times
000 steel wool for the windsheild and 3M 3900 rubbing compound for the paint.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:33 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,840,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
You know, not to be a ****** or anything, but I really don't want to get to know them better. One of the ladies that lives there is nice and I do not mind the kids, they are sweet, but I do not want to share elbow grease with them at all.

They have ten cars parked in their front yard and all of their trash blows into my yard. The county has made them remove a kitchen and bedrooms they were building in the basement without a permit.

They have fiestas into the night outside in the back yard after ten pm. They need to take responsibility.

People can attack me over my feelings on this all day long..... If I did the same thing, I would also have to take responsibility for it.

Thanks for the tip though, I have used the magic eraser around the house and it does the job.
Geez, take a chill. I really wasn't trying to "judge" the situation, just thought there might be an opportunity to make it right without people having to spend a lot of money. You seemed at least slightly concerned about the cost given that it was the holidays, but re-reading it you obviously have "no love lost".

At least use one of the erasers on your windshield so you can see when you drive...

Old 11-29-2012, 01:46 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,343,415 times
Might want to find out WHAT TYPE OF PAINT they were spraying before doing anything!

Some paints are water based like Latex!

And read on their paint can what to clean up with. Next find out if that solvent will damage the paint on your car or not.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Geez, take a chill. I really wasn't trying to "judge" the situation, just thought there might be an opportunity to make it right without people having to spend a lot of money. You seemed at least slightly concerned about the cost given that it was the holidays, but re-reading it you obviously have "no love lost".

At least use one of the erasers on your windshield so you can see when you drive...
Oh, I'm sorry. It was not what you said, but what another poster said that bothered me a little.... I never thought you were judging anything.

There is no love lost between us, but I do care whether or not these kids have a nice Christmas or not, etc.

I am not a hateful old goat. I know my bf is not going to get out there with them and a magic eraser on his truck. That is for certain...... I tried yesterday evening to get it off my windshield another way but it didn't work, so it's not like I am not trying.

I do have concern over using certain chemicals, however.

I appreciated your post and I did follow your link..... Chilling out now.... =)

Old 11-29-2012, 01:50 PM

42,410 posts, read 87,294,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

So it sounds like you want them to pay $200 because you don't like them, not because they did something stupid that they should have to be held accountable for and need to learn an expensive lesson from. Even though you can follow the advice of a number of posters here, and rectify the problem for a couple of bucks and a half hour of your own time.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:53 PM

3,869 posts, read 15,206,414 times
They shouldn't have to spend any time or money cleaning the paint up, regardless of how they fell about them.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
So it sounds like you want them to pay $200 because you don't like them, not because they did something stupid that they should have to be held accountable for and need to learn an expensive lesson from. Even though you can follow the advice of a number of posters here, and rectify the problem for a couple of bucks and a half hour of your own time.
I do not know these people personally, so I cannot say I don't like them. I do not like how they behave and personally, I will tell you the truth...I have a definite problem with illegals.

That doesn't matter. As adults, they do need to be accountable for their actions. If it were their children, then the parents would need to be held accountable.

If I did what they did, I would have to be accountable as well.

I am also not able to scrub down my Jeep physically due to some health issues.

None of any of that matters. People need to be responsible. If there is one thing I have taught my kids, it is to be held accountable, be responsible, and respect other peoples property.

There is no reason I should have to 1. Pay to have this fixed or 2. get out there and fix it.

If I did this to my Jeep, I would have to have it fixed. I would be out 200 bucks. Thats all there is to it.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:32 PM

42,410 posts, read 87,294,782 times
If you are unwilling to do the fix-up yourself, you might approach them and say
"Here are my options:
1. I pay someone to clean it, and send you the bill.
2. I let you clean it, and if you don't correct it or make it worse, I'll send you the bill.
3. I report it to my insurance company as comprehensive, and let them send you the bill.

Are they illegals, or aren't they? If they are not, and are simply Hispanic, perhaps I can remind you of your own quote:
Racism should not be tolerated on the City Data Forum!

This has ceased to be an automotive issue. You've received a number of automotive replies to your original question,
Does anyone know how I can get this spray paint off? And you are now unwilling and physically unable to perform this relatively simple task yourself.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:40 PM

3,869 posts, read 15,206,414 times
Just because she said they are or could be illegals has nothing to do with being raciest.

Or she can call the cops, file a report, and sue them in civil court for the damages on judge Joe Brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram