Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 10:48 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,037,419 times

Advertisements

Does Dodge still make the Charger? Have they made a comeback or have I just started noticing a lot of them around?

I drive in the DC metro area -- highway and city. And I declare I've seen -- or noticed -- five of them in the last two days. Mostly because they've been flying past me. And I'm no Sunday driver.

Those thing can accelerate like crazy.The drivers have moved to pass a car and then get back in front in the same lane. Or sped up to get through a light. And I've just bee so impressed with the moves.

I know they look nothing alike -- and aren't the same size either -- but was the Charger Dodge's answer and competition for Chevy's Corvette and Ford's Mustang?

I'd never buy one 'cause it's much too big for me, I'm wary of American cars and I like a sporty couple shape like the old Toyota Celica or Mitsubishi Eclipse or Hyundai Genesis. I have an Acura RSX now. But where has the Charger been all my life? That car can MOVE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 11:12 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,906,224 times
Yes, they are still in production. They are wicked fast. The police version will do 151mph real easy. The sound of a police version accelerating is a spiritual experience.

They seem to have some electrical issues and normal dodge execution problems.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:16 PM

802 posts, read 1,374,437 times
Sixth generation: 2006–2010
Seventh generation: 2011-present

Based on comparisons and questions you have asked im guessing you arent into cars at all

Old 01-04-2015, 12:02 AM

5,717 posts, read 19,014,302 times
If you want fast, forget the 1950s Mercedes engine that now wears the "hemi" badge. Look at a 2015 SRT3 Charger with the 6.4L engine. Try 485HP at 6000 rpms. While it's not a Hellcat, there's not a lot on the road that'll get near it. The car comes with the 8 speed auto. EPA is 15 city, 25 hiway. Or you could wait til June when the Scat Pack will hit the Charger. It will be wearing the same engine as the Hellcat but better. It'll also be sporting direct injection along with the supercharger. I haven't heard the HP numbers yet but those that have driven the test mules say there isn't a road tire made that can hold one down at any speed. Should be a real tire burner. Most likely will be a limited version.....and not a cheap date.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:06 AM

2,429 posts, read 4,037,419 times
Quote:
Based on comparisons and questions you have asked im guessing you arent into cars at all
Hey, movingtrustates. I resemble that remark.

I like cars well enough I gues, and know what I like in terms of look and performance for me. Meaning I could never buy a car if I didn't like the look of it. But no, I'm not "into" them.

I've just never thought about Dodges in general. Plus, I like a small sporty looking couple. And that's not the Charger's look. So for at least those two reasons the Charger was never on my radar. Like never.

So, can you tell me about them. What do you like about them?

(Even though they're not the same in size or look, I mentioned the Corvette and Mustang because to a 'non-car' person like me they are two iconic names promoted over the decades as sports/sporty fast cars. My ignorance is obvious And Dodge, Chevy and Ford all have 'competing' makes and models. So I just wondered.)

Old 01-04-2015, 05:24 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,069,240 times
The Charger was not an answer to the Vette or Mustang, the Vette is a different class of vehicle. The Challenger is Chrysler's retro vehicle to be compared with the Mustang and Camaro.

The Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, and Challenger are all based off the same platform, and all have the option of the 3.6L V6 or Hemi. I've owned a 2007 and a 2011 Charger with the V6, the 2011-2014 models are a vast improvement over the 2006-2010 line.

This forum isn't a good place for accurate info as there is a large crowd of people offering opinion on Chrysler/Dodge vehicles that don't actually have any experience with them, just an illogical bias, it's usually pretty obvious who they are.

There are no inherent electrical problems as stated above, and I have no idea what "execution problems" is supposed to mean.

I've always preferred larger vehicles, the Charger is one of the Best full size sedans of the big 3, and there's no mistaking it when you see one on the road, unlike most of the other cookie cutter sedans.

Last edited by NHDave; 01-04-2015 at 06:17 AM..

Old 01-04-2015, 06:52 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,636,047 times
Thumbs down 4 door sedan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
Does Dodge still make the Charger?
It's a shame that Chrysler can't hire some competent stylists these days. Instead, they go cheap and just slap a Charger nameplate on a bland old man's runabout.

The good ol' days...

Old 01-04-2015, 07:03 AM

11,157 posts, read 29,404,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's a shame that Chrysler can't hire some competent stylists these days. Instead, they go cheap and just slap a Charger nameplate on a bland old man's runabout.

The good ol' days...
Yeah but if you want two Door Charger then the Challenger R/T & SRT-8 literally fill that market niche and in terms of cost it would be a waste of money for Chrysler to build a 2-Door Charger as long as the Challenger is around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YkxXmBx538

Old 01-04-2015, 07:04 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,069,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's a shame that Chrysler can't hire some competent stylists these days. Instead, they go cheap and just slap a nameplate on a bland old man's runabout.
If the Charger is bland I'd love to see your idea of competent, same class styling...

Old 01-04-2015, 07:26 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,636,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
If the Charger is bland I'd love to see your idea of competent, same class styling...

Simply click on my link in post #7, then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram