Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 05:24 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
No one walks in to a Dodge dealer with their eyes set on buying a Charger, they really came looking for a Challenger, but they realized they needed to fit their fat sister inlaw plus a few kids in the back seat.

The Charger is bland and pretty fugly.
If you say so

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
Chargers and Challengers actually DO look a bit cookie-cutterish, as everyone and their grandmother seems to be driving one here. When you see 2 and 3 of the same ol' Dodge (C & C) at every red light, it just becomes one big blur of retro wanna be's.
Me thinks you don't understand what cookie cutter means
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 07:22 AM

17,156 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
No one walks in to a Dodge dealer with their eyes set on buying a Charger, they really came looking for a Challenger, but they realized they needed to fit their fat sister inlaw plus a few kids in the back seat.

The Charger is bland and pretty fugly.

Actually, while I'm not a fan of either the Charger nor the Challenger, I have always thought the new Challengers to be hideous. And if I'm going to buy such a large vehicle, it better have 4 doors. Therefore, if I were in the market for a Dodge, I'd pick a Charger any day. I mean, why not? What does the Challenger have that the Charger doesn't? Aside from cumbersome 2-door issues?

Old 01-05-2015, 10:52 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
I dunno. I like the Charger styling. It is not "pretty" due to the corporate in your face grille, but it is distinctive. I get a lot of people randomly walk up to me at gas stations and such and compliment how it looks too (Mine is a red pearl metalic color).

It doesn't seem to me that the styling is universally disliked, or that people who buy them wish they had a Challenger instead. (Surprise, one can put children in the back of a two door Challenger. Heck, I haul my daughter around in the back of my BRZ).

Old 01-05-2015, 12:21 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,288,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Actually, while I'm not a fan of either the Charger nor the Challenger, I have always thought the new Challengers to be hideous. And if I'm going to buy such a large vehicle, it better have 4 doors. Therefore, if I were in the market for a Dodge, I'd pick a Charger any day. I mean, why not? What does the Challenger have that the Charger doesn't? Aside from cumbersome 2-door issues?
It has style. And a lot of us like full size coupes, be they Mercedes, Jaguar, or classic large 2 door musclecars. 4 doors for many of us remind us of grandpa's car and boring sedans.

The Challenger is a stylish, and with the right options, fast, comfortable cruiser for those of us that DON'T have to haul a family around with us everywhere we go.

Remember, the Challenger is a throwback to the era when large, 2 door, powerful coupes ruled, from the domestics AND Europeans.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:54 PM

17,156 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
It has style. And a lot of us like full size coupes, be they Mercedes, Jaguar, or classic large 2 door musclecars. 4 doors for many of us remind us of grandpa's car and boring sedans.

The Challenger is a stylish, and with the right options, fast, comfortable cruiser for those of us that DON'T have to haul a family around with us everywhere we go.

Remember, the Challenger is a throwback to the era when large, 2 door, powerful coupes ruled, from the domestics AND Europeans.

Right, and I agree. I have 2 little ones, and they always want to tag along when I go grocery shopping on weekends. A 2-door would be a major hassle.
I was merely replying to the poster who said that no one goes to a Dodge dealer wanting a Charger over a Challenger.

Old 01-05-2015, 04:17 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
If you say so

Me thinks you don't understand what cookie cutter means

There's a reason why Dodge products flood buy here pay here lots after just three years and a refitted with Dubs. It's don't matter if it's the Charger or it's sister in different body work the 300 cookie cutter and bland.

Old 01-05-2015, 04:31 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times
Quote:
There's a reason why Dodge products flood buy here pay here lots after just three years and a refitted with Dubs. It's don't matter if it's the Charger or it's sister in different body work the 300 cookie cutter and bland.
You also have no idea what cookie cutter means, nor do you make a whole lot of sense

Old 01-05-2015, 04:32 PM

236 posts, read 370,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papilgee4evaeva View Post
Charger SRT8 would be my ride of choice if I were looking for a sedan again. (Dodge should make a Durango SRT8... just saying)
Oh yes!

Today's Cyclone!

Old 01-05-2015, 05:30 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
You also have no idea what cookie cutter means, nor do you make a whole lot of sense
I’m guessing your dictionary is misplaced or you’re ESL. The Charger is about as cookie cutter as a Accord/Camry.

It's really not a special car buy any means, sure it's fast, but it's still a Dodge.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:39 PM

802 posts, read 1,366,698 times
Charger has kind of unique design
i wouldnt call it a cookie cutter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram