Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 11:23 AM

236 posts, read 370,320 times

Advertisements

I like them both - but if someone offered me a resto-mod '68 done to my specs - I would be all over it in a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8gG4R0W7jg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 04:17 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
I like the looks of the current Dodge Charger. I am old enough to remember the original. It was nice, but much more gaudy than the current design. It's bold but just enough understated not to stand out too much. I like that.

I've owned various makes including Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Jeep, Dodge, and others. Out of all of them, I have had less problems with my current vehicle, a Dodge pickup, than any other. I'm not really a car guy much less a mechanic, but that has been my experience.

Old 01-04-2015, 04:50 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
Does Dodge still make the Charger? Have they made a comeback or have I just started noticing a lot of them around?

I drive in the DC metro area -- highway and city. And I declare I've seen -- or noticed -- five of them in the last two days. Mostly because they've been flying past me. And I'm no Sunday driver.

Those thing can accelerate like crazy.The drivers have moved to pass a car and then get back in front in the same lane. Or sped up to get through a light. And I've just bee so impressed with the moves.

I know they look nothing alike -- and aren't the same size either -- but was the Charger Dodge's answer and competition for Chevy's Corvette and Ford's Mustang?

I'd never buy one 'cause it's much too big for me, I'm wary of American cars and I like a sporty couple shape like the old Toyota Celica or Mitsubishi Eclipse or Hyundai Genesis. I have an Acura RSX now. But where has the Charger been all my life? That car can MOVE!
SRT8 or bust. Let me preface this with: I don't consider my car "fast". I can walk Challenger and Charger R/T's in my lightly modded 4banger. Their powerful motors are undercut by their ridiculous weight. But if you have passengers to carry they're a good blend of quickness and comfort. Plus, without a doubt, RWD>FWD.

Old 01-04-2015, 04:52 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,387,480 times
The Hellcat variant of the Charger is the fastest sedan... IN THE WORLD.

Old 01-04-2015, 04:59 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
The Hellcat variant of the Charger is the fastest sedan... IN THE WORLD.
Who doesn't want a Hellcat? I honestly think I'd take either, even though the Charger only comes with an automatic. Time and time again it's been proven the automatics accelerate faster more consistently, but 6 speed manual in a 700hp Challenger would be a blast for people like me that like rowing through the gears.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:39 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,722,241 times
Charger SRT8 would be my ride of choice if I were looking for a sedan again. (Dodge should make a Durango SRT8... just saying)

Old 01-04-2015, 06:16 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,002,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hey, relax...

The "fuss" seems to be more of a reaction than anything I've posted.

If you like the current 4 door sedan, that's OK.

I think the Charger was whole lot sexier in 1968.

As always, YMMV.

Although I like my '13 Charger, the late 60's Chargers were terrific for styling! If I were to pick my poison it would likely be a '69 though... but I wouldn't throw any of those classics out of my garage!

Old 01-04-2015, 06:34 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,138,185 times
No one walks in to a Dodge dealer with their eyes set on buying a Charger, they really came looking for a Challenger, but they realized they needed to fit their fat sister inlaw plus a few kids in the back seat.

The Charger is bland and pretty fugly.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:50 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,539,144 times
Chargers and Challengers actually DO look a bit cookie-cutterish, as everyone and their grandmother seems to be driving one here. When you see 2 and 3 of the same ol' Dodge (C & C) at every red light, it just becomes one big blur of retro wanna be's.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:27 PM

802 posts, read 1,366,287 times
heres the big boy HELLCAT

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram