Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 07:43 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,988,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Simply click on my link in post #7, then.
That doesn't even remotely answer my question

That's a picture of an old Charger, which has nothing to do with what I asked.

And you must be really bitter about the Charger name being reused, it's been 8 years, most people are over it by now. Did you put up this much fuss when it was used in the 80's on the FWD Omni platform?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 07:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
That doesn't even remotely answer my question

That's a picture of an old Charger, which has nothing to do with what I asked.

And you must be really bitter about the Charger name being reused, it's been 8 years, most people are over it by now. Did you put up this much fuss when it was used in the 80's on the FWD Omni platform?
Hey, relax...

The "fuss" seems to be more of a reaction than anything I've posted.

If you like the current 4 door sedan, that's OK.

I think the Charger was whole lot sexier in 1968.

As always, YMMV.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Hey, relax...

The "fuss" seems to be more of a reaction than anything I've posted.

If you like the current 4 door sedan, that's OK.

I think the Charger was whole lot sexier in 1968.

As always, YMMV.

I am very relaxed I'm not saying I disagree with you, the 68-70 Charger is the first thing I'd buy if I won the lottery, well, the second. The first would be a house with a big garage to hold a new Mopar muscle fleet

If you're going to badmouth things on a public forum it's a good idea to be able make an argument to back it up. You claimed the current Charger is bland, I just asked for you opinion on what you consider not bland in it's class (I assumed you had some other current full size sedan in mind), a 68 Charger is not the same class. we are all aware of the name reusage, it comes up every time the new Charger is mentioned.

Last edited by NHDave; 01-04-2015 at 08:07 AM..

Old 01-04-2015, 08:23 AM

6,541 posts, read 7,121,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
If you want fast, forget the 1950s Mercedes engine that now wears the "hemi" badge. Look at a 2015 SRT3 Charger with the 6.4L engine. Try 485HP at 6000 rpms. While it's not a Hellcat, there's not a lot on the road that'll get near it. The car comes with the 8 speed auto. EPA is 15 city, 25 hiway. Or you could wait til June when the Scat Pack will hit the Charger. It will be wearing the same engine as the Hellcat but better. It'll also be sporting direct injection along with the supercharger. I haven't heard the HP numbers yet but those that have driven the test mules say there isn't a road tire made that can hold one down at any speed. Should be a real tire burner. Most likely will be a limited version.....and not a cheap date.

2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack | car review @ Top Speed

Old 01-04-2015, 09:03 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Thats nice. I can see why they want the charger to be a 4 door with the Challenger n all, I think this looks like the best version for a 4-slammer of all of em.
My Wife is a school teacher who knows as much about cars as your pet cat might, but got a "Free upgrade" from the rental agency because no more little cars were available. She drove it on I-95 and around Florida for a week. When she got back, it's all I heard about for another week "Lets get a Charger, lets get a Charger!!" lolz

Old 01-04-2015, 09:04 AM

1,412 posts, read 4,484,080 times
Quote:
Simply click on my link in post #7, then.

The current Chargers look better.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:20 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,390,208 times
My mother had a '68 charger when it was new. I switched back and forth between it and my MGB. LOVED that Charger. She had it for years until she remarried and her new husband convinced her to trade it in on a new "Mustang" (UGLY car at the time, didn't look like a Mustang at all). She regretted that, and I really regretted it a few years ago when I was wondering how much a 1968 Charger would go for now and found out it was way out of my budget unless I wanted to do a major restoration, and I was no longer dating a mechanic so that was out of the question.

Never did like that man.

The new Chargers are much better than the run of the mill sedans today, but they don't have the style of the originals.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:23 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,002,224 times
OP, guess it depends on what you really want to know about them.

I have a 2013 Charger SXT AWD. It was not the original car on my radar, but I was targeting AWD sedans that had really good/fun driving dynamics, but were also smooth and refined and not necessarily as rough/raw as some of the pocket rockets around. (Think Mazdaspeed3).

The Charger just drove so much better than other cars I drove, all around, including a sport pack equipped Mercedes C class.

It is a bit on the big side which is intimidating in tight spaces. Otherwise, it is an excellent car. Extremely quiet, smooth on the road, good fuel economy, quick (but not V8 fast). I like it and have had no issues.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:52 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
The current Chargers look better.

There's no accounting for taste...

Old 01-04-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
There's no accounting for taste...
There's nothing like 60's & 70's muscle car styling, but in todays market the current Charger stands out among the crowd IMHO. It's apples to oranges however, over 40 years separate the eras.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram