Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 10:57 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times

Advertisements

Well, I've currently got 7800 miles on the truck. I did end up with the 31 gallon tank, for the poster that suggested it. And it was a great suggestion.

So far, I absolutely love the truck. It rides great, is nice and quiet inside, has good power, handles good, stops great , the interior fit and finish is spot on, the headlights are just awesome and has one of the best OEM sounds systems I've ever heard. I have zero complaints with my purchase.

It isn't without it's flaws though. The gas mileage sucks, pure and simple. It is quite shocking coming from a diesel. It has the turning radius of a school bus. The paint, while glossy and with depth, has quite a bit of orange peel and doesn't seem to be as durable as some of my older vehicles paint jobs. There are already a couple of stone chips on the front bumper. The drive by wire is something I need to get used to, it just doesn't seem quite as responsive as a cable was. That is about it as far as the negatives.

Cool story after I ordered it. I was told 7-10 weeks. I showed the order receipt to a friend of mine, just to show him the options I got. Well, he works at the Ram "classic" plant, but has some friends at the new plant where this was built. He made some calls, and they tagged it as an "executive" truck so it supposedly got a little more attention during the build and it was completed 8 days after I ordered it. My dealership called and said, we don't know who you know over there but damn, we've never seen one come in that quick.

As far as the 2500. A friend ended up ordering one after I got this. A loaded up Laramie with a Cummins. Sticker was $84k. It's a cool truck and all, but after some research , I found that they did not use the new cab on the 2500's. Minor details but it is smaller (slightly) than the 1500's. Not sure what they did for the 2020 MY.
Attached Thumbnails
Made the decision to purchase a new Ram.-2019.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 08:27 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,139,191 times
Delmonico Red, thats funny, its the same paint as my Octane red charger.
The paint does chip easy.
If you get a pedal commander you might be able to get the accelerator to respond quicker, but that will use even more gas.
Thats if you dont have a sport mode that makes the accelerator more sensitive.
That truck is so heavy and the 5.7 isnt enough for it. I guess the designers realize its the best mileage you can get out of any motor on that platform.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:39 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Delmonico Red, thats funny, its the same paint as my Octane red charger.
The paint does chip easy.
If you get a pedal commander you might be able to get the accelerator to respond quicker, but that will use even more gas.
Thats if you dont have a sport mode that makes the accelerator more sensitive.
That truck is so heavy and the 5.7 isnt enough for it. I guess the designers realize its the best mileage you can get out of any motor on that platform.
It is a heavy truck, but surprisingly it doesn't feel under powered. Maybe it is because i have 3.92 gears, another reason for the poor mileage. I've read about the pedal commanders, at $400 it's a bit steep.

Old 01-12-2020, 08:41 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,685,835 times
I recently leased a 2019 Laramie Sport with the 3.92 gear, large optional tablet screen, and the 22" wheels. It had a few minor defects that the dealer eventually corrected. The ride, handling and quiet cabin are great, as is the interior space. My biggest concern, with only 1,600 miles, I get a distinct vibration on the pedal when accelerating lightly. My dealer says this is normal with the Hemi. I have heard it could be a misfiring cylinder. Since it is a lease, I am not extremely concerned, but it makes me not trust long term engine durability if I did want to buy it after the lease.
I also think after having the large optional tablet type screen, I prefer the easier mid sized U-Connect screen. Difficult to navigate menus when driving, especially trying to turn on heated/cooled seats and steering wheel (which are hard touch keys on the smaller screened models). I wish mine had the larger optional gas tank too, but this was an end of quarter deal on the lot so I had to get it as it was built.

Old 01-12-2020, 09:58 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,935,079 times
I'd take it to a good tire shop and have them check the wheels, not the tires, for radial run out. There have a lot of complaints about the vibration and most are finding wheels that come from the factory are bent.

Old 01-14-2020, 04:04 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,685,835 times
I will need to check this out. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram