Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 08:13 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,414,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpacked View Post
There is plenty of evidence supporting that the problems with FCA quality are systematic. FCA puts profits above quality and that is very apparent to me from my research. They do make some really great looking vehicles with some very sketchy new technology. They are also quite expensive too. Take the Wrangler as an example - FCA sold so many that they added a shift to keep up with demand, likely with temp labor too, and that caused them to put out some really bad vehicles.
People flock to attractive things like birds to shiny things.
Boy you don’t know the how the GM, Ford or FCA work , they don’t use temp workers they hire full time UAW workers because they are union companies. So people think they know but are just talking out their rear end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 08:19 AM

2,254 posts, read 2,736,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Boy you don’t know the how the GM, Ford or FCA work , they don’t use temp workers they hire full time UAW workers because they are union companies. So people think they know but are just talking out their rear end.
They use non-union temp line workers all the time. It was even written into the last 4 year UAW-FCA contract. In fact, the contract outlines that FCA, and specifically in the Jeep plants, would be using more temp workers to take up capacity issues.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:45 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,414,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
They use non-union temp line workers all the time. It was even written into the last 4 year UAW-FCA contract. In fact, the contract outlines that FCA, and specifically in the Jeep plants, would be using more temp workers to take up capacity issues.
Yep i see that now and because of useing them means more money for their full time union workers. Also other automakers use temp workers also.

Toyota gets 10 percent to 20 percent of its labor done by temporary workers and Nissan gets as much as 40 percent of its labor done by temps.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:38 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,736,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Yep i see that now and because of useing them means more money for their full time union workers. Also other automakers use temp workers also.

Toyota gets 10 percent to 20 percent of its labor done by temporary workers and Nissan gets as much as 40 percent of its labor done by temps.
You are absolutely correct.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:21 PM

17 posts, read 5,197 times
To the FCA vehicle haters. I have a new Wrangler JL; the JK was discontinued partway through 2018. I have the 2.0 liter turbocharged mild hybrid. The engine, twin spool turbo, and transmission are proven performers in other vehicles. I get 25-26 MPG, I have more torque than the Pentastar, and I can do 0-60 in 6-7 seconds. I am extremely pleased with it; completely redesigned bumper to bumper. And as always, it is extremely capable off-road.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:31 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,002,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabujitsu View Post
To the FCA vehicle haters. I have a new Wrangler JL; the JK was discontinued partway through 2018. I have the 2.0 liter turbocharged mild hybrid. The engine, twin spool turbo, and transmission are proven performers in other vehicles. I get 25-26 MPG, I have more torque than the Pentastar, and I can do 0-60 in 6-7 seconds. I am extremely pleased with it; completely redesigned bumper to bumper. And as always, it is extremely capable off-road.
Having owned a couple TJ's in my past, I was extremely impressed with a 2019 JLU I recently test drove! Fabulous improvements in ride quality, sound insulation, etc while still being capable. It is even miles ahead of the JK it replaces! The engineering leap they made with this, considering the solid axle underpinnings is very impressive.

Enjoy your JLU!!

Old 08-28-2019, 12:44 PM

4,601 posts, read 2,992,254 times
I live in San Francisco, not a car market that's normally friendly to American makes.
But I see a lot of Grand Cherokees here.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:19 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,496,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabujitsu View Post
Not a hater, as I brought my Ram home last St Patty’s Day, but a friend of mine also bought a JL with the 3.6.

I’m just wondering who at FCA hired the dingleberry engineer who designed the door behind the glove box that opens on occasion to let in outside air!?! In the summer, this obviously negates the AC. The opposite will occur in the winter with the heater. Allegedly, this was done to keep folks from suffocating in their Jeeps. Thankfully, my Ram doesn’t have this! FCA will have a programming fíx for it allegedly. Her only recalls are for steering box being wimpy and a recall last week for another steering issue.

Whose dumb idea was this anyway???

Old 09-03-2019, 03:59 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,942,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Not a hater, as I brought my Ram home last St Patty’s Day, but a friend of mine also bought a JL with the 3.6.

I’m just wondering who at FCA hired the dingleberry engineer who designed the door behind the glove box that opens on occasion to let in outside air!?! In the summer, this obviously negates the AC. The opposite will occur in the winter with the heater. Allegedly, this was done to keep folks from suffocating in their Jeeps. Thankfully, my Ram doesn’t have this! FCA will have a programming fíx for it allegedly. Her only recalls are for steering box being wimpy and a recall last week for another steering issue.

Whose dumb idea was this anyway???
That dude’s Jeep is messed up. I have a 3.6 JL and the AC works like any other automotive HVAC system.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:18 PM

139 posts, read 118,855 times
A Jeep with some crazy problem that you'd never hear from another make of cars... imagine that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram