Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 15,868 times

Advertisements

i have a 2001 dodge dakota and my tail lights dont work nor do my dash lights. i checked all the fuses they are all good. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 06:51 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,099,641 times
Do the front parking lights work? If not, possible that the parking/headlight switch is bad.

Do the headlights work?

Are you sure the dash light dimmer is not just turned down all the way? If the front parking lights work but the rear don't, it's possible the bulbs are just burned out.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 15,167 times
i have a 98 dakota my taillights and licenses plates lights are not working cant find a fuse for them any suggestions

Old 01-18-2012, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 14,249 times
Okay so I had the same problem but I got the cluster to work but the rear making lights still done I used a test light and get power all the way to the socket the light plugs into but the bulb won't come on. Its a new light bulb to so I am wondering if there is a ground problem. Any idea or thought what I should try next my truck is 97 dakota

Old 01-31-2013, 01:23 PM

3 posts, read 41,346 times
Ive kinda got the same problem but just my drivers side rear parking light doesnt work but brake and turn do, any insight?

Old 01-31-2013, 01:26 PM

Ive kinda got the same problem but just my drivers side rear parking light doesnt work but brake and turn do, any insight?
- 2001 Dodge Dakota Sport 4.7L 4wd

Old 02-01-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller413 View Post
Okay so I had the same problem but I got the cluster to work but the rear making lights still done I used a test light and get power all the way to the socket the light plugs into but the bulb won't come on. Its a new light bulb to so I am wondering if there is a ground problem. Any idea or thought what I should try next my truck is 97 dakota

i just fixed mine, it had to do with the trailer wiring, i just dissconnected the trailer wires and plg it in to the light and they work fine now

Old 01-11-2014, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 13,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchick30 View Post
01 dakota has lost dash light and tail lights...... found fuse box no problem not sure which fuse(dh wants to take it to shop) i want to try fuse 1st...
everything else seems to be fine.

here's my choices as they read on my panel (minus #'s and amps)

int lamps
horn
park lamp
frt wiper
trans pos ind
panel dim
eng relay
o/hd console purge
starter
power amp
cluster 1 (how do i find out what this cluster is?)
htd mirror
cig lighter
radio
turn signal
airbag 1
airbag 2
heated seat
def rr a/c
ft heater a/c
backup lamp
anti lock brake
pwr windows

So i believe (before i knew tail lights were out) i changed the panel dim fuse..... nothing changed....... I also found and have NO CLUE as i haven't found it in the manual yet.... to a link/fuse? in the middle of the dash under the radio (kinda hiding at the bottom)
I have a '97 Dodge Dakota and I am having the same problem. No taillights, back-up lights, day light running lights or instrument panel lights; I would like help also

Old 10-14-2015, 08:33 AM

3 posts, read 19,848 times
I'm have the same trouble in my 2000 dodge dakota sport. The 15a Park LP fuse keeps blowing and I have no clue where to start. I put a new fuse in and after about 30 mins it blows it again. Anyone think they can help?

Old 10-14-2015, 08:13 PM

3 posts, read 19,848 times
I'm have the same kinda issue I can't figure out why my 15a park LP fuse keeps blowing. I have no tail light or dash lights..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram