Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 10:02 AM

3 posts, read 19,848 times

Advertisements

Can any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 02:40 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,769,221 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/chrys...lite-fuse.html

Old 07-24-2016, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,156 times
Default Aftermarket radio

I know everything in this thread took place a long time ago but just incase someone (like I did) found some information in this thread useful while looking for answers , I'd like to add more insight. I just installed a new radio in my Dakota today. Well, I went to drive at night for the first time and started playing with my illumination settings as it was too bright for night time driving. When I did so my dash lights went out. The Illumination wire in the back of the radio wasn't all the way in the butt connector and slipped out. Causing the fuse to blow. Which also caused the fuse to blow for the running lights. So an aftermarket radio can also cause this issue. Just thought I'd add some .02 to this thread.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,782 times
Do you have Trailer lights connection (after-market)? An issue with your trailer light wiring can blow the fuses (mine blew the turn/hazards as well as the parking lights). I have Surge brakes that cut the harness near the hitch, grounding them and blowing my truck's fuses.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,782 times
I've noticed my 02 Dakota (& other Chryslers I've owned) have greater than normal number of electrical problems.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 795 times
Default late to the party with similar issue.

just bought myself an 03 dakota SXT couple months ago, i have a similar issue that has become more extensive. no running taillights, cargo light, dome light, dash lights, radio, horn, and recently the heater fans stopped (heat itself still works). checked all fuses individually, all check out. but the almost entire top row of interior fuses isn't receiving power (measured with volt meter). replaced both relays, no result. cannot locate any bad grounding wires. only things i can think of is 1:unable to pull int lamp fuse (plastic locking clip) 2: i don't have any ELC fuse under the hood. 3: may need new wiring harness. any thoughts?

gauges still work, gear position ind. works, wipers work, all 4 front lights good (heads and fogs), turn signals, brake lights, and reverse lights are good.

any thoughts?

Edit: reading through it seems most people have issues with the trailer wiring, id have to go get those wires checked, any other thoughts?

Old 05-04-2019, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 496 times
I have same issue. I replaced the bulbs, the fuses and even bought a new switch. My brake lights work and so do my head lights. My tail lights won’t light when running and my dash is also shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram