Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 02:59 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,469,504 times

Advertisements

Not being originally from Cincinnati, I never understood the whole east-west divide. But it's certainly not limited to Cincinnati. Cleveland has a similar east-west split. Even when I lived out near Denver, there were plenty of people who never ventured to the opposite side of downtown from where they lived.

Having lived mostly on the east side of Cincinnati, I never really found it very convenient to go to the west side. I'd certainly go there more if there was a reason and easier way to get there. How do you get to Price Hill or the College of Mt. St. Joes without having to travel those creepy viaducts? It seems like something like the Ronald Reagan Highway would do the trick closer to downtown, so you could hop on in Hyde Park and be in Westwood in a few minutes. Maybe if the Norwood Lateral was extended west? When I lived in the Mount Lookout area, it was almost easier to go up to the Fields Ertel area than to Western Hills Plaza. In fact, I'm not sure I could even find WHP today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 03:23 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
A good observation. The topography certainly is not conducive to east meets west in Cincy. My oldest son moved to the west side, no doubt influenced by my daughter-in-law. They met at UC, one of the only east meets west scenarios in the City. If they were not there we would have absolutely no reason to go west.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:51 PM

575 posts, read 1,371,494 times
Default to cincimover

My mother still lives in Bridgetown, where I grew up. The houses there aren't McMansions but they are comfortable to live in. Lots of trees.
I don't really think about the hills at all since I've lived over here all my life. The only time I pay attention to them is when I am driving in ice or heavy snow. Then I'm praying.....

Old 01-18-2011, 06:42 PM

5 posts, read 8,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhiggins View Post
Westchase Park Subdivision, right off of Rybolt Rd by Wessleman sounds like where I'll see you driving around. Check it out.
We actually looked there and we are actually thinking of buying in either that subdivision, Kleeman Green subdivision near Ignatius or Eden Ridge.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:06 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciMover View Post
We actually looked there and we are actually thinking of buying in either that subdivision, Kleeman Green subdivision near Ignatius or Eden Ridge.
Sounds like you have identified some properties on the West side you are attracted to. This is a good thing. There are definitely some great avenues on the West side.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:17 PM

5 posts, read 8,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Sounds like you have identified some properties on the West side you are attracted to. This is a good thing. There are definitely some great avenues on the West side.
Yeah, we narrowed it down and will most likely move to Westchase Park..... It's a great neighborhood from the looks of things. We are going to look at Mason next visit (Mid-Feb).

Old 01-21-2011, 12:50 PM

329 posts, read 700,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciMover View Post
Yeah, we narrowed it down and will most likely move to Westchase Park..... It's a great neighborhood from the looks of things. We are going to look at Mason next visit (Mid-Feb).
Mason is a GREAT place to be nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati