Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:49 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyeaux View Post
How about Supernman ready to leap off of a building on lower Colerain(?).
You could see it on I75 going South before you hit downtown --- maybe near the Marshall Avenue overpass? Where did I get this memory from!?! Thanks gg for the thread.
Joyeaux, the Spring Dot Superman was still ready to leap off the roof when I passed there last night!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 09:41 AM

2 posts, read 2,329 times
Default Quick geography

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Outside of the area, has anyone ever driven through South Dakota on the 80 and seen the literally hundreds of Wall Drug signs? There are actually signs pointing out the location of other signs. I drove through there this summer and, after 300 miles of constant reminders from the signs, I stopped. And spent $20 on stuff I didn't need
This is an old thread, I know, was trying to find info on Gallipolis, OH, and felt I needed to comment on this post. I-80 doesn't run through SD - it's about 200 miles south running across Nebraska. You're thinking of I-90, 400+ miles running border-to-border across South Dakota. And yes, Wall Drug is now a tourist trap but in the early years of the Interstate highway system, it was the only place you could get water or food on a pretty barren stretch of highway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati