Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:56 PM

577 posts, read 1,282,383 times

Advertisements

I just saw the preview for the Undercover Boss with Mayor Mallory and it will air next Sunday, March 6.

Mayor Mallory’s Undercover Boss Airs March 6 | TV and Media Blog

Might as well start the thread now to get everyone's thoughts before and after the show.

My thought right now is that I think it will be good for the city. I know that technically he is not the, "boss" of the city employees but he is a well known figure in the city and I'm sure the producers think it will show better than the city manager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 09:33 PM

17,603 posts, read 13,388,503 times
He should try out for relief pitcher for Reds

Old 02-27-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
He should try out for relief pitcher for Reds
Perhaps this is a chance to redeem himself for that!

Old 02-28-2011, 09:53 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,948,357 times
i have never lived somewhere with a mayor like mallory. i think it is easy for locals of anywhere to view themselves and their city as the center of the universe. with this attitude, anyone doing anything outside of 275 would seem like a waste of time and money. but i think what the mayor does is fantastic - not just with this show but with his regular and multiple media appearances and ongoing traveling and promoting of the city to the country and the world. mallory seems to sort of get how we fit into the larger national picture.

i wasn't living in cincinnati and hadn't for some years when the mayor threw the first pitch. i still am amazed the degree to which he made lemonade from those lemons. when he went on talk shows he came off as extremely likeable, humble, and as someone with a good sense of humor. for the rest of the country that never thinks about cincinnati, they were left with a positive impression of the city and its mayor.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:18 PM

All kidding aside on my part I agree with you progmac. It was great how Mayor Mallory could laugh at himself and go on late night television after the pitch and I think going on television and shining a positive light on Cincinnati is great. In fact, it seems that the city has been getting a lot of good airtime lately not only from Undercover Boss, but from Real Policewomen, Harry's Law, Campus PD, HGTV's Property Virgins and Desperate Landscapes, and the new Clooney movie.

After some of the bad press we got in the past (Marge Schott and the riots), it is good to be shown in a positive light.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:26 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,544,179 times
I think he's a GREAT guy! (But I don't live in his city...) (Actually, Progmac, you've put my feelings into words!) Deg1114, I admired Marge Schott. Right or wrong, she had the guts to say what she REALLY thought.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:43 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,820,876 times
Progmac... I have to agree Mayor Mallory has been a refreshing representative of Cincinnati. The City needs someone who can take ridicule about himself as long as it promotes the City as a whole.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:46 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,637,762 times
I think he has done Cincinnati a lot of good. The show on Sunday should be an interesting one.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:13 PM

The one thing I wondered about and will be answered on Monday is that one the other Undercover Boss shows is that the boss will normally award a good employee with vacation, money for the family, or some kind of promotion. With city employees you can't just start throwing cash at them or their families the same way a corporation can. I'm curious to see how that is handled.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:31 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,474,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deg1114 View Post
The one thing I wondered about and will be answered on Monday is that one the other Undercover Boss shows is that the boss will normally award a good employee with vacation, money for the family, or some kind of promotion. With city employees you can't just start throwing cash at them or their families the same way a corporation can. I'm curious to see how that is handled.
Unless the show or the network pays for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati