Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 08:38 AM

52 posts, read 92,468 times

Advertisements

Hi- We have a birthday in the family tomorrow night and the birthday person has requested dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Any ideas? I love some where that has a good mole sauce, but that's not a deal breaker. We are not fans of Cazadore's or Abuelos. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 09:44 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
Then try the Mexican Grill on Tylersville near BWs and hope they have something other than bar food, but I doubt it. Frankly Cazadore's is to my liking, of course I am not Mexican. Try the El Rancho Grande just south of I-275 on Route 42 in Sharonville. I believe the building is a former Denny's. Last time I was there I really enjoyed it, though that was some time ago.

BTW, Cazadore's in Mason was a former Roy Rogers. I kept thinking they would tear the building down it sat vacant so long between occupants.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:58 AM

171 posts, read 354,550 times
I know lots of people who like Viva Tequilla over by Kings Island on Kings Island Dr. I loved El Torro more (which used to be in there before Viva Tequilla), but lots of my friends prefer Viva Tequilla.

I've been hearing very good things about El Picante (up in Maineville, close to Landen). I had it once and thought it was great.

I'm a big fan of El Rancho Grande (otherwise known in my house as El Rancho Cheapo, since it's so affordable) as well.

I think I'm going to head for Mexican for lunch after all this talk of Mexican food...

Old 07-16-2011, 03:25 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,703,638 times
I recommend Taqueria Maya in the Kings Auto Mall area. It's fresh, authentic and locally owned.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:02 PM

520 posts, read 1,853,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioan58 View Post
I recommend Taqueria Maya in the Kings Auto Mall area. It's fresh, authentic and locally owned.
My wife and I just had lunch there today. The goat soup is great!

Old 07-17-2011, 06:06 AM

52 posts, read 92,468 times
Thank you for the suggestions. We went to Viva Tequilla on Friday night. The warm chips and salsa were great. My husband loved his food, but the rest of us thought the food was OK. I would be willing to give it another try, but would order something else. I'll have to check out Taqueria Maya or one of the other suggestions above. Thanks again!

Old 07-17-2011, 07:12 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
Viva Tequilla ... haven't been there since it changed from the prior El Torro, which I was not impresed with. BTW what was the building originally, a large chain? Also, it is on Kings Mills Rd, not Kings Island Drive. I will stick by El Rancho Grande, or as Jen35 calls it El Rancho Cheapo. Just like the fact I can be well satisfied at a price not extending beyond the food expectations.

My absolute favorite was El Coyote on State Rd near Five Mile. When they first opened, after I don't know how many failed restaurants in the same location, I fell in love with it. At that time I worked in Mariemont and we had a number of customers to entertain. Off to El Coyote we would go. Where else could you get absolutely great steaks for the meat-and-potato crowd plus good Mexican fare? One thing I will never forget, when one of our crowd would complain the salsa for the chips was too tame, I would simply call over the waitress and request the special salsa. Believe me, after a few tastes they would shut up and never mention the subject again.

Haven't been there for quite awhile, so can't attest to the current management.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:57 AM

1,086 posts, read 2,703,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Viva Tequilla ... haven't been there since it changed from the prior El Torro, which I was not impresed with. BTW what was the building originally, a large chain?
That location was originally a Bill Knapp's.

Another suggestion (far afield of Mason): Rincon Mexicano in Eastgate Shopping Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati