Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:53 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,158 times

Advertisements

Alcohol, sex, and guns. WTH could possibly go wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 02:45 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,902,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Alcohol, sex, and guns. WTH could possibly go wrong?
Nothing if the person isn't stupid in the process. I don't see how having a gun in a bar if you are registered is that bad/big of a deal. I'd take that any day over a thug who is as sober as it gets, and decides to hold you up at gunpoint and take your wallet/purse. I was just in Troy, Michigan last week, and some woman from Texas was robbed at gunpoint and they took her car. The Free Press did a good job covering the crime that happened that night, and another elderly woman was shot and killed for not giving over her purse. These people have went through the process of getting these guns, and know right from wrong (hopefully), and more than likely aren't out looking for trouble.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:55 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,176,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Drive a car into a crowd of people at 60mph and tell me what happens.
Better yet, pull that vehicle out in the middle of a crowd from underneath your coat and do it.

You just don't get the whole "concealed" part of this, do you? That, and the fact that the projectile from the average handgun has a muzzle velocity of 1200 fps (820 mph -- think you'd see that coming?) and that the projectile is designed to render immense bodily injury.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:57 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,176,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Nothing if the person isn't stupid in the process.
Problem: they usually are.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:17 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
As the discussion continues, I'd like everybody to remain calm and respectful.
Yac.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:54 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,902,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Problem: they usually are.
They may be stupidly drunk, but that doesn't attomatically trigger their brain to start shooting and killing people and possibly robbing them as well. A guy is in or leaves a bar; his first thought isn't going to be to walk along the sidewalk and start shooting or robbing people. Maybe I am wrong, I just don't see it worse than other situations that can arise.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:49 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,472,832 times
There is a fear among people who are not accustomed to guns that they will all of a sudden go off and people will drop like flies. My grandmother was like that about motorcycles. She was sure that I would get on the bike and it would flip over and dump me in the street, DOA. Eventually, I took her for a ride and she overcame her fear.

Same for guns. Here in Cincinnati, many thousands of law abidng people CC all day, every day. When was the last time you heard of a road rage shooting by a legal carrying citizen? Thugs take pot shots at one another in traffic pretty often, but lawful CC? When was the last time it actually happened here, fears of the uninformed aside?

Old 10-22-2011, 02:30 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,617,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
There is a fear among people who are not accustomed to guns that they will all of a sudden go off and people will drop like flies. My grandmother was like that about motorcycles. She was sure that I would get on the bike and it would flip over and dump me in the street, DOA. Eventually, I took her for a ride and she overcame her fear.

Same for guns. Here in Cincinnati, many thousands of law abidng people CC all day, every day. When was the last time you heard of a road rage shooting by a legal carrying citizen? Thugs take pot shots at one another in traffic pretty often, but lawful CC? When was the last time it actually happened here, fears of the uninformed aside?

Open carry was legal long before CC. I don't understand why anyone would be concerned about incidents with CC when those same incidents could have happened with open carry.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Better yet, pull that vehicle out in the middle of a crowd from underneath your coat and do it.

You just don't get the whole "concealed" part of this, do you? That, and the fact that the projectile from the average handgun has a muzzle velocity of 1200 fps (820 mph -- think you'd see that coming?) and that the projectile is designed to render immense bodily injury.

So you are implying legal CC is dangerous, but illegal CC is OK ? Illegal CC has been going on for decades and you never noticed. I guess all those incidents of bloodshed never happened. Reminds me of the propaganda about all the people who would be killed if the speed limit were raised above 55mph.

By the way, how would you react if someone in a crowd had an illegally concealed weapon and started shooting?

Old 10-22-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
Okay, when you're ready to engage in a mature, reasonable discussion, send me a private note and I'll rejoin the conversation. Otherwise, I have very little patience for hyperbole and I'm tired of wasting my time going back and forth about this.

OK. The US Supreme Court recently affirmed an American citizen's right to keep and bear arms. Why do you have a problem with this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: