Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 AM

6,345 posts, read 11,107,431 times

Advertisements

I would like to thank those on this board that took the time to provide detailed and positive information when I was in need of enlightenment.

Unless another problem arises on this end (thanks to that dark cloud hanging over my head here in the KC region) I will be looking at houses in NKY over Labor Day weekend. I am recovering reasonably quickly from the recent accident that totaled my car again (neither was my fault) and I take this as a sign that I need to get the ball rolling on relocation.

Price Hill Will has agreed to help me find a job and put me into an apartment in Price Hill until I can get a home fixed up (six months to a year after purchase). I would keep the job in Price Hill after I move into the house.

I wish I had more to spend but I am out nearly $6,000 since January because of these accidents and I don't have as much money as I'd like to buy a property. I keep getting the short end of the stick here due to unfortunate circumstances. This has never happened to me in any other place I've lived. I doubt these issues will follow me to Cincy. I'd liken this to a baseball player hitting .203 for five straight seasons needing a trade to another team to get back into the game. If I can purchase a property on this trip, I could move in the Fall or early Winter at the latest.

Question. Can anyone recommend a local agent willing to work with someone that can only purchase a cheap fixer upper in a place like Covington or Dayton, KY? And who will be willing to look at these houses either on Labor Day morning or on the Sunday afternoon prior to Labor Day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 AM

4,497 posts, read 6,251,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Question. Can anyone recommend a local agent willing to work with someone that can only purchase a cheap fixer upper in a place like Covington or Dayton, KY? And who will be willing to look at these houses either on Labor Day morning or on the Sunday afternoon prior to Labor Day?
Comey & Shepherd®: Agents

Get in touch with Julz. TomJonews123 is a BS handle. If you need to know my name for the referral then DM me.

Thanks for the update and all the best. I think you will really love Price Hill, especially since you have integrated yourself into Price Hill Will and have their assistance. You are already well aware of the problems the area faces and made your decision in a educated manner. Cincinnati has treated me very well, better than other places in many regards.

Look forward to hearing other updates.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:48 AM

41,990 posts, read 75,279,142 times
I have no recommendations, but good luck to you! May your relocation be trouble-free and gratifying.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Comey & Shepherd®: Agents

Get in touch with Julz. TomJonews123 is a BS handle. If you need to know my name for the referral then DM me.

Thanks for the update and all the best. I think you will really love Price Hill, especially since you have integrated yourself into Price Hill Will and have their assistance. You are already well aware of the problems the area faces and made your decision in a educated manner. Cincinnati has treated me very well, better than other places in many regards.

Look forward to hearing other updates.
Correct. I am sick of living around people in KC that apparently lack street smarts. The crap they pull here would lead to a lot of trouble in a real city. I lived in the worst crime rate area of Hartford in the mid 1980's. Had a condo. I had absolutely no trouble with the neighbors or anyone else around there for that matter. That is in the mid town area on Farmington Ave. near the AETNA world headquarters. I lived a few blocks down from there. Price Hill is probably not as bad as that area was at that time but I'd say it seems to be about on par with North Minneapolis where I also lived for a while about 15 years ago and also did not have any real issues with the people.

The key to this is my being able to pick up a cheap fixer upper in NKY. That is going to be the best area for me to settle down in at least in the near future. I'll then have a place to store my belongings and keep a couple of homeless cats that I adopted here and could not find homes for in the KC region. I think I will like Price Hill and perhaps if I could find a way around the technical problem that is likely to impact my flea powered radio station there, I'd consider settling down there. But for now I am going to play it safe on the radio side of things and go where I won't have the technical issues.

Last edited by WILWRadio; 08-23-2012 at 10:36 AM..

Old 08-23-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I have no recommendations, but good luck to you! May your relocation be trouble-free and gratifying.
Thank you. This is precisely what I need right now.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:58 PM

865 posts, read 1,474,598 times
Awesome! Welcome to Cincy! Hope everything goes well.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:34 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,757,742 times
Do let us know how things are going.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:59 PM
PHW

3 posts, read 3,435 times
To be clear, Price Hill Will - specifically the Price Hill Financial Opportunity Center - can help people to find work and an apartment, but we don't have apartments for people.

As for a Realtor, we've got a program where we train agents on the Price Hill market so that they have a really good idea of what they're trying to sell/buy. It's called the Price Hill Pro program and we keep a webpage of agents who have successfully completed the course on the Price Hill Living website under the "Homes" section. In fairness to all of the agents that have completed that course, we don't give out individual names, since there are too many to do that.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHW View Post
To be clear, Price Hill Will - specifically the Price Hill Financial Opportunity Center - can help people to find work and an apartment, but we don't have apartments for people.

As for a Realtor, we've got a program where we train agents on the Price Hill market so that they have a really good idea of what they're trying to sell/buy. It's called the Price Hill Pro program and we keep a webpage of agents who have successfully completed the course on the Price Hill Living website under the "Homes" section. In fairness to all of the agents that have completed that course, we don't give out individual names, since there are too many to do that.
Thanks. Yes, I am aware of this. I guess I didn't word my initial post about this subject in a manner that would not confuse some people. Finding an apartment should be easy enough regardless.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:08 AM

Unbelievable. It's like the movie Groundhog Day. I had two houses to look at in NKY and both just sold after being on the market for several months. What are the odds? As soon as I make plans to come down there and have a agent setup this happens, again. This is the same problem I ran into previously in 2006. I wonder if I am getting a sign from up above to start looking for houses on the Ohio side and abandon plans to move to NKY?

Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue while looking for a house in the Cincinnati area? I know that things move fast but the timing of this is amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: