Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 07:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,302 times

Advertisements

So we relocated from Louisville to Mason about a month ago and need some recommendations on a couple of things. We have Human insurance and would like to stay around Mason. Any advice would be great. Thanks!!!

Pediatrician
Dentist - pediatric and adult
Orthodontist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 06:52 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,946,082 times
I too, have Human insurance. Not only for me but for the other humans in my household. I thought about getting pet insurance, but it wasn't worth it.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:10 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,813,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
I too, have Human insurance. Not only for me but for the other humans in my household. I thought about getting pet insurance, but it wasn't worth it.
OK joker!

Old 09-27-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contenttob View Post
So we relocated from Louisville to Mason about a month ago and need some recommendations on a couple of things. We have Human insurance and would like to stay around Mason. Any advice would be great. Thanks!!!

Pediatrician
Dentist - pediatric and adult
Orthodontist
I am assuming you mean you are insured through Humana which is based out of Louisville. I would first contact them and inquire what local doctors are part of their coverage network.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,982,214 times
I can't give you specific recommendations, but I also have Humana and have found that any care provider I've ever wanted to see in this area either accepts it directly or through one of those extended cooperative networks that I forget the terminology for now. Finding good docs in a new town is one of the worst things about moving. I wish you success.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:30 AM

I have had only one dealing with Humana. When the Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage was started I signed my wife and I up for policies under Humana. My wife is a diabetic and over the years her doctor switches medicines when he believes one has become non-effective. The latest one he prescribed Humana refused to cover. I went to the drug manufacturer and asked them to intervene, which they did. After several months Humana came back and said they would cover it, but the percentage coverage sucked.

So at the end of last year I switched our Part D coverage to Aetna. For the first year it was fine. Just got the info for 2013 and everything is increasing substantially. So I frankly am not sure whether to make another change or not.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:39 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,975,106 times
It's tough giving medical provider advise over the internet. I suggest asking this question to the 2-3 people you respect the most in the area. I believe you asked about Pediatricians.....I can give you broad advise, and say that anyone who did their Residency at Cincinnati Childrens' Hospital is likely to be a good doc....they got good training. Some more broad advise, but I've good luck with Dentists trained at OSU.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:38 PM

OP... doctors of any kind are hard to keep up with. My dentist here in Mason, which we have been with for many years, over 30, has now opened a brand new office off Socialville Foster Rd. They have to keep up with the Jonses and are calling the new office Advanced Dentistry. It is a daughter/father practice. I assume it is the daughter pushing for the advanced, as it sounds qualified for higher billing.

Had my first visit there on Thursday. They went the whole route taking films of my teeth, which have not changed significantly in the last three years. I recognize I have significant periodontal gum disease, over 20 years old. I have simply told them I will come every 3 months for cleaning for the best possible results until everything degrades. At my age, 73 I am not about to have priodontal surgery with any expectation of long term results.

Sometimes people do not want to believe what you say. But then they assume you will continue to just go on and on. My bill for the quarterly services this past Wednesday was $345. Multiply by 4 and you can readily see why I am not thrilled. Add my wife to the tab and you might see why I am considering looking for a new dentist, even after 30 years.
If their aims become different than mine I must consider a switch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati