Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 03:03 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,908,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I just read the press release on the agreement between Duke and the City. What an agreement! They have basically agreed to let the court decide who pays. They have also agreed to abide by the court's ruling after exhausting any appeals! I wonder how many lawyer briefs that is going to take. Did they agree who is going to pay for the court costs, I didn't see that anywhere?

This is not an agreement, it is simply we will let the court decides who owes what. At least Duke will go ahead with the utility relocation so the streetcar can proceed.

Since the actual cost of utility relocation cannot be determined until it is completed, I contemplate that is when the court battle commences. I can envision this going years down the road. In the meantime where does that leave Phase II of the streetcar, way out there in limbo somewhere?

As far as the City leaders announcing some achievement with Duke. All they did was agree to place the City's liability in the hands of the court. What a beautiful negotiating tactic that is.
Right, it wasn't an agreement in terms of being a compromise. It was Duke finally giving in and starting construction. And Duke giving in on the 8-foot demand.

It would be interesting to know who is paying court costs. Probably whoever loses the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 03:05 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,469,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
Right, it wasn't an agreement in terms of being a compromise. It was Duke finally giving in and starting construction. And Duke giving in on the 8-foot demand.

It would be interesting to know who is paying court costs. Probably whoever loses the case.
Both sides have agreed to abide by the ruling of the court, whatever it may be. That's great, now we move on with construction. Hurdle cleared.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:08 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
I had to get the weed-eater out to chop down a lot of what you wrote to get to the most important part. This ^ is why the Duke agreement, a long time in the making, is big news. All streetcar work can now fully proceed.
And If Duke wins their argument in court, how will you feel then?

Old 02-01-2013, 05:18 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,629 times
Quote:
I just read the press release on the agreement between Duke and the City. What an agreement! They have basically agreed to let the court decide who pays. They have also agreed to abide by the court's ruling after exhausting any appeals! I wonder how many lawyer briefs that is going to take. Did they agree who is going to pay for the court costs, I didn't see that anywhere?

This is not an agreement, it is simply we will let the court decides who owes what. At least Duke will go ahead with the utility relocation so the streetcar can proceed.

Since the actual cost of utility relocation cannot be determined until it is completed, I contemplate that is when the court battle commences. I can envision this going years down the road. In the meantime where does that leave Phase II of the streetcar, way out there in limbo somewhere?

As far as the City leaders announcing some achievement with Duke. All they did was agree to place the City's liability in the hands of the court. What a beautiful negotiating tactic that is.
Kjbrill it also says they will move it 3 feet compared to the more expensive 6 feet. That will lower the costs. The city has already agreed to help offset the costs.

This is what happens when entities work together than against each other.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:22 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,469,504 times
Quote:
And If Duke wins their argument in court, how will you feel then?
The same. I'm just glad the project is moving ahead full-bore. Since the city has agreed to let a court decide this matter, I assume they're prepared for whatever the outcome is.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:25 AM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
The same. I'm just glad the project is moving ahead full-bore. Since the city has agreed to let a court decide this matter, I assume they're prepared for whatever the outcome is.
Personally, I would be willing to pay more in taxes, or a levy, or whatever would get the project funded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati