Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 AM

406 posts, read 500,876 times

Advertisements

As per forum guidelines, I have filled out the questions and pasted them at the end of my post. I am looking to relocate to the Milford/Eastgate Ohio area in about a year or two, trying to put this out there and see what advice I can find. My company is a large global firm, and has a major office location right off of I-275 exit 59B in Milford, so I would like to live within a 15-30 minute driving distance of this exit ideally. It also helps that I can't stand urban living, and happen to love suburbia such as the area I'm particularly looking at. Keep in mind, that last summer I spent six weeks living at the Holiday Inn next to Eastgate Mall, and commuted daily by car to the office (yes, I drove my car out from NYC instead of taking the flight and shuttle van option they offered lol). Growing up in New York, I really enjoyed the laid back environment and atmosphere that this area offered, and even if my move isn't a permanent relocation, I'd definitely love to give this area a shot. More specifics are below, including personal and financial preferences. Additionally, I've included links to four potential complexes that look really awesome and would fit my needs perfectly...please let me know if anyone knows anything about these particular apartments, such as crime, type of people living there, ambient noise, etc. I have a buddy who lives in a complex (not listed) off of Ohio state route 28 in Miami Twp who relocated from New Jersey, and he loves it out there. Thanks everyone!

Lila Chateau: Lila Chateau Apartments in Milford, OH | Apartments.com

Eastgate Woods: Eastgate Woods Apartments in Batavia, OH | Apartments.com

Concord Woods: Concord Woods Apartments Apartments in Milford, OH | Apartments.com

Pebble Brooke Apartments (really liking this one): http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm...rtments/20190/

Questionnaire:

. Have you searched this forum for answers to your questions before posting a new inquiry? A few similar questions about housing, but not related to rentals in this specific area.
. What specific topic have you not found answers to? See above.

. Where is you current location and environment?
Staten Island, New York....a part of NYC, but feels more like a dense suburb of the city.
. Are you looking for similar in Cincinnati or a change?
I am looking for a change, more auto-oriented, laid back, stress free way of life.

. Where will your work location be?
Milford, Ohio up the hill, minutes off of I-275's exit 59B
. Maximum commute time desired?
Anything up until a half hour is okay, lesser would be desirable but is not a deal breaker.

. What is you budget for housing?
I'm looking to spend between $500-700 a month on rent, factoring in another $200 or so for utilities and cable/internet (I can be frugal, lol).

. Rent or buy?
Rent

. Type (Apt., Condo, Single Family)
Apartment

. Size (Approx. Sq. Ft., # Bedrooms & Baths)
I would prefer a two bedroom apartment, even if I'm by myself, for the added convenience. Preferably between 700-900 sq.ft.

. Other specifics?
Would prefer a clean, well-kept apartment complex, community swimming pool highly desirable, and I think most importantly would be reserved parking for at least one vehicle (in a safe lot).

. Neighborhood environment?
Looking for Suburban, low maintenance, quiet streets, soccer mom atmosphere even though I'm no soccer mom, I'm a 24 year old single dude lol

. Diversity of income, race, housing?
Prefer middle-income, racial makeup doesn't make a difference to me as long as people act with class and like they care about the place, similar professionals who also work in nearby office parks would be a plus.

. Can tolerate some degree of crime potential? How Much?
I would not tolerate any level of crime, part of my preference for living in a sprawled, suburban area is less potential crime as there are just less people walking around (if any at all).

. Private neighborhood association, swimming & fitness facilities
Don't care for neighborhood associations, swimming is a huge plus, as is fitness facilities

. Schools?
Not applicable

. Daily needs within walking distance, shopping, restaurants, parks, etc.
Don't really care if anything is within walking distance, I'm not really about "walkability" though on a nice day a 10-15 minute walk for fun would be okay. I have no issues using my car for all transportation, and having stores within a 5-10 minute drive is more than okay.

. Swimming, fitness center, running track, adult activities
Yes, swimming and fitness is perfect.

. Close promity to public transportation?
I have no desire to ride public transportation. If my car has issues, I can rent a car. On the rare occasion that I drink, calling a cab/car service works fine.

. Specific wants/desires?
Quiet, suburban style apartment complex with like-minded people who desire a quiet, comfortable place to live and would like to be able to go about their daily lives without being bothered by other people or anything like crime, etc.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 10:02 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,792,934 times
OP...

I do not want to quote your entire lengthy post. But I do want to commend you on the amount of specifics information provided, and I hope you will find a location in Cincinnati you will enjoy. I am reasonably sure once you go through your searches you will find something close to your employer which you can enjoy.

And OBTW welcome on your move to Cincinnati and wishing you do enjoy it here.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:20 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
I must say, OP, you're quite unusual in that you're coming from New York and want to live the quiet, suburban life. We don't get that kind of request too often around here.

The only one of those complexes I've heard anything questionable about is Eastgate Woods, and that information is eight years old, so things may have changed. But at one time it was known for its petty crimes, drug dealing, and unsavory residents. Hopefully someone here will have more up-to-date information.

There are many, many apartment complexes springing up in that area; another area to look would be Loveland, just up the road from Milford.

Good luck to you.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 AM

406 posts, read 500,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
OP...

I do not want to quote your entire lengthy post. But I do want to commend you on the amount of specifics information provided, and I hope you will find a location in Cincinnati you will enjoy. I am reasonably sure once you go through your searches you will find something close to your employer which you can enjoy.

And OBTW welcome on your move to Cincinnati and wishing you do enjoy it here.
Why thank you, much appreciated. I like to be informed and do my own research before asking others. I think I will enjoy the move very much, I did like how easy of a drive down 275/471 or the "farm route" via Ohio 32/Columbia Parkway downtown was from this area, we went there several times during our six week training, including seeing a Reds game (though I'm not much of a sports fan) and it's nice to have that little slice of urbanity and culture only a short drive away from the nice quiet Milford/Eastgate area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I must say, OP, you're quite unusual in that you're coming from New York and want to live the quiet, suburban life. We don't get that kind of request too often around here.

The only one of those complexes I've heard anything questionable about is Eastgate Woods, and that information is eight years old, so things may have changed. But at one time it was known for its petty crimes, drug dealing, and unsavory residents. Hopefully someone here will have more up-to-date information.

There are many, many apartment complexes springing up in that area; another area to look would be Loveland, just up the road from Milford.

Good luck to you.
Haha, yes I've had plenty of friends who looove being at the center of the universe tell me that I'm crazy, and believe me I'll always be a New Yorker at heart...but at 24 years old I think it's time for a change.. I tend to feel very stressed out by the lifestyle here in New York/New Jersey, and also find it ridiculous the cost of living. I figured by living at home after college, I could save money...however, moving to Ohio with an already lower cost of living and taking on a $800 a month rent/utilities expense, I'd easily be able to drop $100 or so a month in gas, $200-300 a month in bridge/highway tolls and the ridiculous $300 a month in office parking. I worked my budget out to where even with student loan payments, my current leased car (and the new one I plan on financing before leaving), insurance, etc...I'd only be spending less than $100 a month more in necessary life expenses...and the money I'm spending will be going to MY OWN place and arguably a better quality of life. As far as complexes, Eastgate Woods is a tad far from the office (though not unreasonably so) and closer to Amelia/Batavia which seemed a little more country-ish compared to the more built up Milford/Miami Twp/Eastgate side of things for me. I've also heard Loveland was very nice, and I will include that in my research. Thanks!

Old 02-27-2013, 07:37 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Another area to consider is Montgomery, which is a quick zip to Milford via the backroads. Montgomery is a little more densely populated and undoubtedly a tad more expensive. Madeira is also nearby, and has a small-town feel like Milford, but I'm not sure if there are any apartment complexes similar to what you're looking for.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:14 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,792,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Another area to consider is Montgomery, which is a quick zip to Milford via the backroads. Montgomery is a little more densely populated and undoubtedly a tad more expensive. Madeira is also nearby, and has a small-town feel like Milford, but I'm not sure if there are any apartment complexes similar to what you're looking for.
I can't think of any nice apartment complexes in Madeira, as Madeira was pretty well built out before they became popular. The apartments there tend to be the old 4-family brick boxes or single floor duplexes, nothing to get excited about. Even Montgomery doesn't have a ton of attractive apartments. In north Montgomery there is the townhouse complex near I-275 and also the one in Symmes Twp next to I-75 before you get to Mason. These are both well within 30 minutes of exit 59B.

But I feel you can do better. I am not up to date, but I believe there were some apartment complexes built along Lovelend-Madeira Rd which is a north/south venue parallel to Montgomery Rd and I-71 between Madeira and Loveland. There is a convenient interchange with I-275 and and easy shoot over to Milford.

Here is one you may take a look at: Deer Ridge apartments,1010 Loveland Madeira Rd.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:06 AM

189 posts, read 309,379 times
I recently moved from Batavia to just east of Day Heights. That is on Rt. 131 east of Milford and I think you should take a look in that area.

It's close to your new job with no expressway traffic to deal with. Several small apartment complexes off of Rt. 131 that are probably in your price range and good enough for a young bachelor.

I know people that used to live in Eastgate Woods and they don't have much good to say about it, but if you want to be close to the mall, there are other apartment complexes in that area.

I moved to be closer to work and I don't miss driving through Eastgate during rush hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati