Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:09 PM

7 posts, read 30,812 times

Advertisements

We are seriously considering moving to the Cincy area (I was born there but moved to Chicago in high school). We've been in Tampa for 10 years. We have 3 boys (3, 10, & 13) needing good schools. I'd appreciate any thoughts on Milford or Loveland area. I've researched houses & taxes there & know that there's plenty in my price range. Are these growing areas? I'm self-employed in asphalt construction. I want to be fairly close to Cincy. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 12:54 AM

146 posts, read 789,524 times
IMO, both Milford and Loveland are nice suburbs in which to live. From 1990 to 2000, Milford's population increased 10% and Loveland's increased 17%. The surrounding townships are growing faster. You really can't go wrong with the Northeastern suburbs.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:25 AM

9 posts, read 24,285 times
Milford has had a hard time passing school levy's.. my understanding is that they don't have libraries...correct me if I'm wrong. I know people who are moving away from Milford because of the levies. Terrace Park is an area to consider as well.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:31 AM

610 posts, read 3,320,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillie View Post
Milford has had a hard time passing school levy's.. my understanding is that they don't have libraries...correct me if I'm wrong. I know people who are moving away from Milford because of the levies. Terrace Park is an area to consider as well.
Tillie, this is not quite an answer to your question but may provide useful information;
The heat regarding school levy's in OH is this; when the state established a lottery, the extra money was designated for the schools. Whether this is being applied or not applied, I don't know but lotteries generate a lot of extra capital and it should be enough to put almost every student in a Mercedes. "Why then", the tax-payers and parents ask "are you asking for more money from us"? Loveland is a beautiful area tho' quite spread-out. Milford is down the road a ways and is also lovely. I frequented a library with a Symmes Township address - and is part of the Cincinnati Libraries, but much of that area is considered to be Loveland.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:31 PM

7 posts, read 30,812 times
Thanks for the info. I visited both Loveland & Milford last week. Both appear to have "new looking" schools and nice neighborhoods. I can understand Milford residents not wanting more taxes since they already seem fairly high for the houses I looked at.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 4,004 times
Default Milford libraries

I just thought I'd throw in that there is a library across the street from the high school.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:41 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
Loveland just passed their school levy on Tuesday and Milford, once again, did not. I would not buy a home in the Milford school district for this reason. The prices in Milford are good, but that's because so many people want to flee a sinking ship so to speak. Loveland is a much better choice at this juncture.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,917 times
Not sure if I could recommend Milford due to the taxes, no buses for students and traffic! Best bang for the buck may be Goshen (great schools & many areas still have loveland address) or maybe Blan. Both these little towns still have the small town feel yet are close to the highways.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:46 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,136,606 times
I would like to second what Armymom said...My sisters both lived in Milford for the past 10+ years. One just moved out of Milford and moved to Goshen. She said she wished she would have done it years ago. I personally never liked Milford but hey, my sisters dont like Cincinnati living so we're even. But my sister was fed up with Milford schools (she and her husband have 2 kids) and she was sick of the attitudes of some of the Milford residents. She said Goshen is a more laid back community with great families. Not to bash Milford but some areas of it are very clicky (like many neighborhoods) and my sister did not want to be a part of that anymore.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:27 PM

9 posts, read 63,595 times
Wrong about Milford school levy. It did pass just this past Thursday!!! We moved out here 4 months ago and love it! The schools are excellent, the location of Milford is very convenient, shopping and restaurants easily attainable, and Milford is growing and building in a positive manner. Downfall is, there are many vacant stores that need filled and there are a few mobile home parks in the area. But we love it. 20 minutes from Cinci and alot for your money housewise. Check out Miami Township. That's were we have settled down with 4 children under 9 and there are no city taxes! We looked in both Loveland and Milford and every builder we talked to claims Milford is up and coming and that's the place you should invest your money in. Hopefully they are right! Good luck with your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati