Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 07:29 PM

6,344 posts, read 11,097,560 times

Advertisements

I have decided to post this story despite the fact many that read it will disapprove of these jobs and the kind of people that may take these jobs.

T-Shirt Company to Locate in Hebron, Will Create Nearly 300 New Jobs | The River City News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 07:34 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,809,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I have decided to post this story despite the fact many that read it will disapprove of these jobs and the kind of people that may take these jobs.

T-Shirt Company to Locate in Hebron, Will Create Nearly 300 New Jobs | The River City News
Jobs are jobs. Don't worry about what type or quality of jobs. They are still jobs which enhances the area.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:39 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,840,641 times
Don't forget the 1000 jobs that was announced yesterday.

Staffing Company Hiring 1,000 Warehouse Workers | 700WLW

Old 09-11-2014, 04:23 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,026,916 times
Also add Convergys (Erlanger) and Kroger (locally, 1,200 jobs) to the NKY mix:

Convergys to hire more than 500 in Greater Cincinnati - Cincinnati Business Courier

Kroger plans gigantic hiring push - Cincinnati Business Courier

Old 09-11-2014, 07:41 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,487,957 times
T shirt jobs are the best jobs. Anyone with a degree in statistics can get a job. But, a guy with a couple misdemeanors and a GED doesn't have some many choices. A rising tide floats all boats.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:33 PM

41,967 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
T shirt jobs are the best jobs. Anyone with a degree in statistics can get a job. But, a guy with a couple misdemeanors and a GED doesn't have some many choices. A rising tide floats all boats.
Unless it's a tidal wave ... But yes, you're right about these jobs improving the chances for someone trying to overcome a sketchy past.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:43 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Unless it's a tidal wave ... But yes, you're right about these jobs improving the chances for someone trying to overcome a sketchy past.
Agreed. A few of my employees (delivery drivers) have a criminal past. Many have no formal education beyond high school. To be quite frank my top driver in terms of efficiency, speed, and execution (no pun intended) has a criminal background. There's no reason why someone with a shady past who has paid his (or her) dues should be ostracized for eternity. I'm a firm believer in second (or third in some cases) chances. If an ex-criminal wants to give back to society by working hard to pay his or her debts to society and be productive, then I'm all for it.

In general, though, this is great news all around, especially when coupled with the other thread the OP started about the high-paying skilled positions also coming to Newport, KY. It seems like everyone is always so quick to gush over $50,000+/year jobs for those with at least a four-year degree and a few years of relevant experience, but what about non-college-educated blue-collar workers whose jobs have either already been made obsolete due to outsourcing and/or automation or who will soon suffer that same fate? They can't all "just go back to school to become engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc." Not everyone has the mental aptitude for that, including yours truly. Laid-off mill workers need jobs to put food on the table, too, so NKY getting a hybrid of news in terms of both white-collar AND blue-collar jobs is great news!

The economy is growing stronger and stronger each month. It's palpable. We can feel it (at least here in Pittsburgh). I'm soon planning to open my own business due to this optimism, which will create more jobs.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:28 AM

6,344 posts, read 11,097,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Agreed. A few of my employees (delivery drivers) have a criminal past. Many have no formal education beyond high school. To be quite frank my top driver in terms of efficiency, speed, and execution (no pun intended) has a criminal background. There's no reason why someone with a shady past who has paid his (or her) dues should be ostracized for eternity. I'm a firm believer in second (or third in some cases) chances. If an ex-criminal wants to give back to society by working hard to pay his or her debts to society and be productive, then I'm all for it.

In general, though, this is great news all around, especially when coupled with the other thread the OP started about the high-paying skilled positions also coming to Newport, KY. It seems like everyone is always so quick to gush over $50,000+/year jobs for those with at least a four-year degree and a few years of relevant experience, but what about non-college-educated blue-collar workers whose jobs have either already been made obsolete due to outsourcing and/or automation or who will soon suffer that same fate? They can't all "just go back to school to become engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc." Not everyone has the mental aptitude for that, including yours truly. Laid-off mill workers need jobs to put food on the table, too, so NKY getting a hybrid of news in terms of both white-collar AND blue-collar jobs is great news!

The economy is growing stronger and stronger each month. It's palpable. We can feel it (at least here in Pittsburgh). I'm soon planning to open my own business due to this optimism, which will create more jobs.
Excellent post that expresses my sentiments on the subject to a T. You are better at putting it into words than I am. LOL

Our economy is like an ecosystem. All skill levels are necessary to keep the economy moving. Remove one or more of these elements and it will come to a grinding halt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati