Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 04:40 PM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
The bengals and their overall crappiness are the one and only reason why I'm a Steelers fan. The team is a joke.

The Reds, on the other hand.... That's a team to be proud of.
That's a bit of a stretch to call them a joke. I'm a Dolphins and Giants fan. The Dolphins have not won a Superbowl since I was a 12 years old (1973). They really have not done much to make an impact in the playoffs or win their division in many years. I never have viewed their recent lack of success as a joke. Some good years and then some bad just like the Bengals. The Bengals can get back to where they were in the 70's and 80s if their team owner has the ability to hire the right people. The Dolphins will bounce back at some point and I am certain that the Bengals will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 11:43 AM

172 posts, read 254,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
Probably. I haven't been following them this year.

Side note but related to the topic - Cincy deserves a better NFL team. They deserve to have the Bengals not be the entitled-trash football team with a bunch of uneducated criminals like the former player Chad Ocho Cinco, and whoever else was thrown in prison.

It requires a cultural change. It requires an apology to the citizens of Hamilton Co. who paid for their stadium. And it requires action.

But again, with a bunch of classless slugs like the ones who currently rep the black and orange, I wouldn't expect anything of the sort.

So you aren't really much of a football fan. Anybody who is a Steelers fan would know that they lost in ugly fashion to the lowly 1-8 Jets last Sunday.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:38 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,161,281 times
You would be correct Señor.

Primarily I'm just amazed the Ocho Cinco et. al. years ever happened. So that's why I'm not a fan, that and I just experienced a lot of fair weather fandom in those years when it seemed like everyone I knew suddenly stopped being a Cowboys fan... And woke up and realized they had a pro football team in their metro area.

That's what really irritates me. The reality TV vibe I get from the Bengals and the fans it draws. It's a team that seems to reap rewards from acting stupid and playing stupid, paired with greedy miserable leadership. Not an image to which I can subscribe. Very much unlike the Reds whom have been a class act since their inception. That's why I like the Steelers - their team stature seems to be relatively consistent and they have a loyal following. Like the Browns or the Packers, but a few years "newer". Not like the Bengals, who seem to like to ¥hor@ themselves out for whatever attention they can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati