Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 07:27 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Know anyone that gives golf lessons to a beginner that doesn't charge the cost of a yearly country club membership for a single lesson lol?
I have a couple of suggestions. The Hamilton Co Park district owns and operates several courses. They have a club professional at each course. These Pros have no delusions about getting rich playing tournament golf, but they are certainly trained in all of the fundamentals and capable of instructing you. Check them out.

Some driving ranges like Cincinnati Golf Center at 7630 Columbia Rd just south of Kings Island have all the necessities to do a decent job in golf instruction. This includes the driving range which has grass outdoor tees in addition to the hard surfaced indoor heated ones, a bunker to practice sand shots, and an actual putting green to practice approach shots in addition to putting. A similar facility is the Golf Ranch on Route 42 north of Mason.

Since both of these facilities sell equipment they also have personnel trained in how to identify the proper club by length, flexibility, grip, etc. for the golfer. A great mistake many aspiring golfers make is going to an outfit like Dicks and buying a set of clubs because they look nice and the price is OK. A great deal goes into club selection and application. If you skip this step all the lessons in the world are unlikely to produce results.

We are some time before the actual local season starts, dictated by the weather. Take the time to visit some locations like the ones I mentioned. Try and negotiate a season deal, including evaluation of your current clubs, a bulk rate on driving range use during the reason, plus some lessons in how to get started.

Every year there is the latest and greatest club technology on the market. Avoid this like the plague. If you are being pressed in this direction, be polite but leave saying I am not in that league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 06:06 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I have a couple of suggestions. The Hamilton Co Park district owns and operates several courses. They have a club professional at each course. These Pros have no delusions about getting rich playing tournament golf, but they are certainly trained in all of the fundamentals and capable of instructing you. Check them out.

Some driving ranges like Cincinnati Golf Center at 7630 Columbia Rd just south of Kings Island have all the necessities to do a decent job in golf instruction. This includes the driving range which has grass outdoor tees in addition to the hard surfaced indoor heated ones, a bunker to practice sand shots, and an actual putting green to practice approach shots in addition to putting. A similar facility is the Golf Ranch on Route 42 north of Mason.

Since both of these facilities sell equipment they also have personnel trained in how to identify the proper club by length, flexibility, grip, etc. for the golfer. A great mistake many aspiring golfers make is going to an outfit like Dicks and buying a set of clubs because they look nice and the price is OK. A great deal goes into club selection and application. If you skip this step all the lessons in the world are unlikely to produce results.

We are some time before the actual local season starts, dictated by the weather. Take the time to visit some locations like the ones I mentioned. Try and negotiate a season deal, including evaluation of your current clubs, a bulk rate on driving range use during the reason, plus some lessons in how to get started.

Every year there is the latest and greatest club technology on the market. Avoid this like the plague. If you are being pressed in this direction, be polite but leave saying I am not in that league.
Thanks for the advice! I'll check those places out!

Old 02-09-2015, 02:31 PM

113 posts, read 276,112 times
Anyone have any experiences at Terrace Park Country Club?

Old 02-09-2015, 02:55 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by labarbmb View Post
Anyone have any experiences at Terrace Park Country Club?
Don't have any direct experience. But from its location and age, I would contact them as to whether they have any golf only memberships and what the rates are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati