Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 10:50 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times

Advertisements

Looks like a park on the Licking one block away from Scott -- and a women's crisis center another block away in the other direction; hmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 11:23 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,753,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I thought there'd be more action here than on the Kentucky forums, but I can try there, too. I assume the neighborhoods are Mainstrauss and Eastside, respectively? Maybe you should move for less crime. There are TWO condos available! Will check out those links; thanks.
The Kentucky forum is busy in Lexington and Louisville. Once in a while someone brings up Northern Kentucky on the Kentucky state board, but there isn't a lot of discussion there although you MAY get an answer or two. You are better off visiting the River City News ( The River City News | More Northern Kentucky News Than Any Other Source ) and other organizations for information. The paper has a facebook page as well.

Look for stuff like comments from locals, like "Kroghetto" (I think I spelled that right), in the newspaper and information like Senior Citizens of Northern Kentucky hauls all the old people they haul from the apartments near the river there.

Incidentally, if I remember correctly, 13th & Greenup is beyond the Licking River Historic District (which is nice) and there have been some bad incidents in the general area, but around there on Scott there are some nice newish buildings and there are changes in the works like the coming footbridge (and the new homeless shelter) which are sure to change the "climate."

Old 01-20-2015, 11:24 AM

"New homeless shelter" will change the climate, not for the better. Footbridge?

Old 01-20-2015, 11:25 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
^^^ Yes, the area she has mentioned where the Condo is seems to be pretty nice. The area where I have my house is not terrible but yes, there is some crime in the area. I've lived in far worse areas over the years.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:33 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,753,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
"New homeless shelter" will change the climate, not for the better. Footbridge?
Pardon the simplification. "Pedestrian."

11th Street Bridge to Come Down, Pedestrian Bridge to Go Up | The River City News

And, don't equate "homeless" with "criminal" -- criminals tend to be in jail insofar as possible. The police do not ignore shelters if looking for criminals.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpathianPeasant View Post
Pardon the simplification. "Pedestrian."

11th Street Bridge to Come Down, Pedestrian Bridge to Go Up | The River City News

And, don't equate "homeless" with "criminal" -- criminals tend to be in jail insofar as possible. The police do not ignore shelters if looking for criminals.
That is also true. Homeless people that are aggressive as panhandlers are a nuisance but not all behave like that. And most just stick to themselves or their friends and don't usually commit crimes against the general populace.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:11 PM

otterhere. I would have to say if you really like the condo and the area then give it a try. At least the resale market for homes is very healthy right now and in a year if you are not happy with your decision, then sell it.

I appreciate the mention that another condo is available in Emory. I lived in a Condo in Hartford for a while in the mid 1980's. Since then I've been a home owner or apartment dweller At this stage in my life I do prefer a single family home with a yard and preferably off street parking. Not sure I could be a Condomaniac again due to the association rules and lack of a yard.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:03 AM

And the maintenance fee.. Being frugal, the "What exactly am I paying for here?" question weighs heavily upon me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati