Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 08:16 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michoyo View Post
Thanks for the help!! I should have mentioned though that our nanny is moving with us so no need for day cares. Kids are 4,3,1. Also any good Lutheran churches in the area?
You'll probably experience some degree of culture shock at how relatively few Lutherans there are in the Cincinnati area as compared to where you're coming from. Also don't know if you're interested in ELCA or LCMS. Good Shepherd in Kenwood at about 1,400 members is the largest ELCA congregation in the area. An excellent church in every respect. Prince of Peace in West Chester is fine, too. A bit smaller. I think King of Kings in Mason is probably the largest LCMS congregation and is thriving. Lutheran schools are basically non-existent here--St. Marks in Milford and Immanuel in Hamilton (both LCMS) are the only ones I'm aware of. Message me if you want more information, now or later when you get here. Best wishes on your move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 08:20 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Luthern Church: King of Kings in Mason. Good people in the congregation----our kids went there up thru Kindergarten.
Good clarification--a lot of churches have preschools, very few have actual Grades 1-8. Not sure how much religious education is going on in any of those preschools, though. They're more a way for churches to make money off their buildings which aren't otherwise used much during the daytime on weekdays.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:29 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
And if you select Wyoming you are in a very nice suburb with excellent schools completely surrounded by areas with not such exemplary attributes. Why would this be your desire?
I just think it is worth considering. One only needs to look at the housing prices in Wyoming to see that it is a very desirable area. I brought it up because in my view, it meets their five criteria. Yes, neighboring lockland and elmwood place are hard-luck places and have been for a long time. Whether or not OP is comfortable with neighboring communities having people with low or very low incomes is not information that I have. The degree to which that and other community attributes affect perception overall is already factored into Wyoming RE prices.

Last edited by progmac; 02-02-2015 at 08:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati