Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 08:19 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
Only thing that would make it better is if it were filmed in Monroe.

IMO it's a better fit city (sex shops, race tracks, flea markets, faux fashion at the outlet mall, holy roller church) and has the added benefit of being 5 miles from Boehner's house!
That and if you were to drive a few miles north of Monroe on Cin-Day Rd. (old Dixie) once you pass Greentree Rd. The Club SinDay building is on the right, there is no sign of any kind, just a large street number on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 08:21 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,504,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Just another example of how suburbanites, transplants and other assorted "people from away" have ruined Warren County. I have a lot of fond high school memories of the Club SinDay building of drinking beer and playing music 35 years ago when it was The Faucett.
DW and I are about to become transplants into Warren County. We have no intention of ruining the place. Hope we don't disappoint.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:24 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
Make and hold up a City-Data sign for the cameras so we know who you are. hahaha

Old 03-02-2015, 05:44 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,551,138 times
Saw a bit about this on the news (last week?). Thought it was really quite hysterical.

Basically "real housewives of Warren County" but with an added twist.

My first thought was that I don't think this is anything that hasn't been going on (in various enclaves all over the country - city and suburban alike) for decades, but I do think its pretty funny these people would go on camera. I imagine work conversations around the water cooler will be a lot more interesting in the future..

My second thought was to think for a moment about my neighborhood, and then immediately think other thoughts. For heaven's sake, we barely have 10 conversations a year with our neighbors, I can't imagine voluntarily becoming more entwined than that.

But - to each their own. I can't imagine I'll ever watch an episode (strangely, I've missed every "real housewives" episode as well) - but if this is what these people want to do with their time (both extracurricularly and on camera) - takes all types to make the world go round.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:57 AM

610 posts, read 797,517 times
I just thought it was funny that a day or two before the big story was the show at Hamilton County Jail....that "controversy" sure stopped as soon as this story broke.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:44 AM

224 posts, read 377,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
DW and I are about to become transplants into Warren County. We have no intention of ruining the place. Hope we don't disappoint.
Rrtechno, welcome to the neighborhood! You may be capable of ruining a county, but we have been here 11 years and if that didn't do it I'm not too worried about you.

We have spent our time in and around Lebanon - first north of town on Route 42, then in the 400 block of East Main Street, and now on Cincinnati Avenue. Whereabouts will you be?

We really enjoy living in Warren County and hope you do too.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:56 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,504,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SW Ohio View Post
Rrtechno, welcome to the neighborhood! You may be capable of ruining a county, but we have been here 11 years and if that didn't do it I'm not too worried about you.

We have spent our time in and around Lebanon - first north of town on Route 42, then in the 400 block of East Main Street, and now on Cincinnati Avenue. Whereabouts will you be?

We really enjoy living in Warren County and hope you do too.
We are building in the Springboro area.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:29 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
rrtechno ... Welcome to Warren Co.

Others lament the loss of its rural nature. Having been here 40 years I can agree the rural nature has been diminished. Do I abhor that? Not at all, it has matured and offers me enough I don't need to go to Cincinnati - period. Not that I dislike Cincinnati, but at my age have no reason to go there.

I don't have enough interest to even follow the link to the swingers site - why? At my age I couldn't care less. The majority of people move here for the same reason I did 40 years ago, the opportunity to raise their families. I stay here simply due to the affordability and pleasant surroundings to help keep us out of a nursing home.

Once again, welcome to Warren Co. and hope you have as much satisfaction as I have had living here.

Bought this house when our 4th child was on the way and the wife said I Want 5-Bedrooms. With a 13+ age span I understood. I totally lucked out, my original company LeBlond, in Norwood sold out to the Japanese. They decided the old plant was horribly energy inefficient, sold it, and built a new state of the art facility on Innovation Way here in Mason. How lucky can you get?

I look back at those happenings and think Thank God Ken, You Have Been Blessed!

But Swingers Clubs, never came into the equation. I have had the opportunity to travel the world and am not naive enough to not understand reality. You just have to recognize true reality relates to you and your desires for life.

Again, for another time welcome to Warren Co.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:40 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Wait ... what's this? Swingers in Warren County? Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

LOL - I can't wait to see this, either!

Side rant: Does anyone else hate the Enquirer's website? One wrong click, and you can never get back to the story you started out with. Nevermind all the zooming pop up ads. Argh.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:55 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,162,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
That and if you were to drive a few miles north of Monroe on Cin-Day Rd. (old Dixie) once you pass Greentree Rd. The Club SinDay building is on the right, there is no sign of any kind, just a large street number on it.
I Googled it. Not a good idea....

I had no idea there was a swingers' club there! Like none. And I used to go past there every day. That's absolutely crazy!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati