Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 11:54 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,596,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Am Lux, as a west-sider you'd know best. How far west should somebody go before Price Hill is considered "good" now? I've heard St Lawrence Corner but without a personal windshield tour I'm not about to quote that.
Price Hill is an interesting area. There are still a few spots that are still like the old Price Hill that westsiders remember. And by that I mean nothing has been redeveloped, but the homes are well taken care of for the most part. That's mainly around Elder and Seton. Then right across the street north of Glenway is where most of the crime takes place. But that same stretch of Glenway has the best chance for commercial redevelopment. It amazes me that nobody except Rally's and LaRosa's are taken advantage of the roughly 2000 high school kids that go there during the school year. Before and after school the kids are always hanging out in the parking lot anyway, so why not open a business across the street and get them to spend their money? Besides, we always got in trouble for having big crowds in the parking lot anyway lol. A Boys and Girls club is currently being built across from Elder, so maybe that will spur some development.

The corner of St. Lawrence and Warsaw has potential as well. There are already some good businesses there and plans are in place to put a park next to the church.

As far a residential, as I said before I would only stay east of Grand in East Price Hill. That's the only area right now that at least has a glimpse of a possible OTR like renaissance, even thought that is probably still a number of year away.

If you stay on Glenway, the rest of Price Hill west of Elder is what I would call good. Especially the area around Price Hill Chili. In general, the homes in West Price Hill are going to be in better shape and a more desirable area for families than East and certainly lower Price Hill.

I know I was kind of all over the place lol, but right now Price Hill has just about every demographic you could think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati