Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 09:31 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,976,092 times

Advertisements

Any nice home less than $325,000 in Mason sells within a week. I think your concerns regarding a possible downturn of West Chester may be overblown. Their image took a hit ~7 years ago with their levy problems, but since then, there haven't been any issues. If you still have concerns, you may want to look at Kings. It will be a longer commute, but the schools are just as good as Mason. IMO, there's not a lot of difference between the people and schools of West Chester, Mason and Kings. You may want to consider Lebanon, too. There's a lot of solid folks up there---and I saw plans of a cool new brewery to be built in downtown Lebanon which I think will greatly benefit the area.

The big difference is your housing dollar goes a lot further in West Chester, Lebanon and Kings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 07:58 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,166,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobelles95 View Post
I'm sorry for my late reply! I have been a little overwhelmed. I keep going back to this thread and reading through all of your helpful comments. My husband and I are a bit concerned about the possible "downturn" of West Chester. We would prefer other areas at this point. We have seen a couple houses in Lebanon and Mason; I am hoping to find something in either one soon. My husband is averse to being "too far" north. He does not want to be north of Middletown, so we are limited in what we can look for with 1) a decent yard, 2) good schools, 3) decent commute, 4) kinda close to Cincinnati. I feel like we are looking for a unicorn. We did put an offer in on a house in Mason with a small-ish yard but someone beat us to it. The inventory is so low right now that it seems like you have to make a decision *right then* if you are going to put an offer on something. Fingers crossed. Thank you again for all of your thoughtful responses.
Glad you're still around!
I didn't want to scare you outright from West Chester but I did want to make sure you knew why others are hesitant of it. It's one thing to build a nice community but a different animal entirely to keep a community nice and I worry that West Chester doesn't have the infrastructure in place it needs to keep itself up.

What I'm wondering about is your husband's desire to stay south of Middletown.... why?
Given what he wants and what you want your best options are just slightly north of Middletown or due east.

The northern-most place recommended by multiple people, Centerville, is only 45 minutes from Fountain Square in downtown Cincinnati.

Something to consider at least...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati