Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:29 PM

1,071 posts, read 4,452,202 times

Advertisements

Tell me if ya'al like this rendering of the Banks or not..

700WLW - THE BIG ONE

My initial reaction is that of utter disappointment in the City and the development team. Why not re-create The Bottoms? It's possible to build buildings big enough to extend downtown, as well as blend in the heritage of the city. Those buildings look just like The Gateway quarter in Columbus and some other developments in that city, and looks to be a cop-out in the "wow" department for riverfront property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 12:40 PM

455 posts, read 1,884,406 times
Jeesh. That looks exactly like the Arena District in C-bus. Fortunately for Cincinnati, there is no charming or unique little Short North type area attached to it that will be homogenized (no pun) and ruined as a result of it's generic commercial presence.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:00 PM

910 posts, read 2,984,137 times
ha thats a waste of money

Old 06-25-2008, 01:17 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,843 times
I think people are too picky.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:59 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,189 times
I think it is just the beginning of MANY updates. Just because a plan is submitted we all know that doesnt mean it is the FINAL plans. There are many phases to this. Issues about the scale and design of the buildings were discussed and that usually means going back to the drawing boards. Its not like they are beginning ground breaking for the rest of the site next month. Come on guys..who here was at the meeting?

Old 06-25-2008, 03:56 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,716,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
Cincinnati's done it again

My initial reaction is that of utter disappointment in the City and the development team.
Hillside's done it again ... lol.

Inaccuracies. This is by Carter & Dawson, not the city. The city needs to review and approve the final plan.

Man, what would you do without me to clean up after you?

Old 06-25-2008, 09:28 PM

205 posts, read 984,129 times
Quote:
Tell me if ya'al like this rendering of the Banks or not..

700WLW - THE BIG ONE

My initial reaction is that of utter disappointment in the City and the development team.
My initial reaction is to agree with you.

But at least they appear to be consistent with the visionary capacity of their predecessors.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:32 PM

1,071 posts, read 4,452,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Hillside's done it again ... lol.

Inaccuracies. This is by Carter & Dawson, not the city. The city needs to review and approve the final plan.

Man, what would you do without me to clean up after you?
i'd be a lot better off without you trying to pick me apart. but you said it yourself, the city has to sign off. ground has been broken, and the last renderings, as franke01 has pointed out, aren't that different in philosophy from the current ones. now this may just be me, but breaking ground without strongly asserting a shift in the philosophy of where the banks should fit in within the scheme of cincinnati sounds like a ringing endorsement.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:24 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,189 times
Ground breaking took place for ONE building, not the entire Banks plans.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:51 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,716,959 times
Quote:
i'd be a lot better off without you trying to pick me apart. but you said it yourself, the city has to sign off. ground has been broken, and the last renderings, as franke01 has pointed out, aren't that different in philosophy from the current ones. now this may just be me, but breaking ground without strongly asserting a shift in the philosophy of where the banks should fit in within the scheme of cincinnati sounds like a ringing endorsement.

Hillside, you are a member of this forum that post statements on feelings and incorrect information, and you fool A LOT of people on here. I'm not the only one that has to walk behind you and clean up your mess, there are others that do it as well.

BTW, people ... read the articles!!!

The garage is under construction (which will take a while to complete, since this is raising this entire area, all 20 acres of it -out of a freakin flood plane)! The garage! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati