Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:47 PM

204 posts, read 746,097 times

Advertisements

I was going to mention Covington, KY. Some of the areas are close to the city, but still close to suburbia. It is worth checking out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 11:35 AM

3 posts, read 5,603 times
MY first thought was Hebron. It has grown, but I don't know much about the schools, and there really is no shopping there, plus I think it is like living on the airport not near. Anderson Township (Forest Hills Schools), south-east of city would be my pick. Best schools, plenty to do, 15 mins from downtown, 20-30 mins to airport. Get in now while real-estate is low. City is OK, but I guess you need to be one of those people, I just can't see wasting my money there, and getting those schools, and dealing w/ the crime.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:27 PM

16,400 posts, read 30,321,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Guy View Post
Anderson Township (Forest Hills Schools), south-east of city would be my pick. Best schools, plenty to do, 15 mins from downtown, 20-30 mins to airport. Get in now while real-estate is low.
Wow, an undiscovered area ...

Seriously, while I agree with your assessment, it an is hardly undiscovered or underpriced for that matter.

Do realize that Anderson in UNINCORPORATED and therefore, the local tax structure is substantially lower than in many established towns. There are no local income taxes that I am aware of.

Many of my friends have moved their professional businesses out to Anderson for tax benefits.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:25 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,724,765 times
Check out Mariemont!

You asked earlier, so here it is ... this is Delta Elite's line:

Delta AirElite - Private Jet Charter and Charter Flights

Old 01-24-2009, 01:41 AM

6 posts, read 10,616 times
Thank you all so much for your input! We are moving from Los Angeles, we are not from there so not your "typical LA people" :-), we actually prefer more country! Since we are not sure how long my husband will be working at CVG I think we have decided to try to find a furnished place to begin with. Since we are looking for a furnished place and I know we will have less options, I guess a better question now is.... are there any areas to stay away from (Northern KY areas)? Also does anyone have any suggestions as far as newspapers, real estate agents, etc. to look for furnished places for rent (other than craigslist!). Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati