Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 11:05 AM

52 posts, read 92,433 times

Advertisements

Still researching the area for a possible relocation next year. I just noticed that Cincy Magazine posted the 2009 rating the burbs and would be interested to hear if you agree/disagree with the ratings and why. Thanks! Cincy Rating the Burbs 2009 | New Articles | Archive | Cincy - The Magazine for Business Professionals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 01:11 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,146,846 times
Wow...#3. I'm surprised. I didn't read anything that mentioned how awful we are out here in West Chester.

I can just imagine how this is going to make some people on this board puke in their throats, considering how evil and "soul crushing" the suburbs supposedly are.

Last edited by aquila; 05-26-2009 at 01:21 PM..

Old 05-26-2009, 02:43 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Wow...#3. I'm surprised. I didn't read anything that mentioned how awful we are out here in West Chester.

I can just imagine how this is going to make some people on this board puke in their throats, considering how evil and "soul crushing" the suburbs supposedly are.
That was one person who called it soul crushing and he/she was a newbie to the forum. I dont think a majority of the people who post here look down on W. Chester. Like I have said before, it is where I grew up but has gotten too big for me to want to live there anymore, but I dont have any negative feelings about the area otherwise.

As for what the OP asked, the list is pretty good, couple of surprises on there--but overall, great list of neighborhoods outside the City of Cincinnati.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:04 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,146,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
That was one person who called it soul crushing and he/she was a newbie to the forum. I dont think a majority of the people who post here look down on W. Chester. Like I have said before, it is where I grew up but has gotten too big for me to want to live there anymore, but I dont have any negative feelings about the area otherwise.

As for what the OP asked, the list is pretty good, couple of surprises on there--but overall, great list of neighborhoods outside the City of Cincinnati.
Sorry - I've just been in one of those defensive moods lately. That "soul-crushing" comment really grated me the wrong way, even if it was from a newbie. I've seen my share of "suburb bashing" on these boards, so whether it was one person calling it "soul-crushing" or a multitude of others referring to the suburbs as "ordinary Pleasantville" or "sprawl filled with McMansions and chain restaurants", the sentiment is the same....a lot of people on these boards can't stand the suburbs.

I'm glad you're not one of those people.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 AM

24 posts, read 108,941 times
I've gotta seriously question these rankings. Blue Ash is not in the Top 20? Please.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:30 PM

710 posts, read 3,045,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstormxu View Post
I've gotta seriously question these rankings. Blue Ash is not in the Top 20? Please.
I agree. Amberly Village should lose major points for not having sidewalks, drop them off the list.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:52 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,168 times
#16 Montgomery
Montgomery is a vibrant, family-oriented city that embraces its future while valuing the traditions and history of its past. It is home to quaint buildings that are a reminder of a quieter, slower time in the community. The city’s downtown Olde Montgomery heritage district consists of more than 120 unique shops, services and dining establishments that are surrounded by historic landmark properties, classically designed street lamps, brick walkways and a general ambience of days gone by.

I live in Montgomery and agree that it's a pretty nice place to live, raise kids, and get an education while feeling safe walking about to the parks, shops, etc.
I think the only blatant omission in the top 20 list is Blue Ash. You can't beat Blue Ash for family friendly activities, events, and the recreation center.

Last edited by Sunnydee; 05-27-2009 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: sp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati