Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:27 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,719,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
The right direction is for you not to deface your body (no matter how fortunate or unfortunate looking you might be) with permanent slogans, logos, and bad line art. Get a bumper sticker instead, or buy yourself a nice flower.
Don't listen to these oldie-folgie's.

I like to deface my body at a place called Beelistic in Uptown (right across the street from Chipolte). Great guys and good work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 11:10 PM

392 posts, read 1,068,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Don't listen to these oldie-folgie's.

I like to deface my body at a place called Beelistic in Uptown (right across the street from Chipolte). Great guys and good work.
I heard good things about them. That's the place by UC at Calhoun and Clifton, right?

Old 02-07-2010, 01:01 PM

9 posts, read 37,567 times
Designs by Dana, hands down one of the best I have ever been to.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badguykc View Post
I heard good things about them. That's the place by UC at Calhoun and Clifton, right?
Yep, that's it ... across from Chipotle.

Quote:
Designs by Dana, hands down one of the best I have ever been to.
I'd agree with this too, but I heard Dana's eyes are getting bad? Any word?

Old 02-08-2010, 11:57 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
I think tattoos are fine; I don't want one but I've seen some nice ones on others. I also understand people who think like Wilson1010 frequently are in positions that hire people. For some people, tattoos suggest what kind of income level you are capable of; rightly or wrongly...

Old 02-08-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
I think tattoos are fine; I don't want one but I've seen some nice ones on others. I also understand people who think like Wilson1010 frequently are in positions that hire people. For some people, tattoos suggest what kind of income level you are capable of; rightly or wrongly...
As an previous DT worker, it is very clear the times are changing. I had clients that wore business suits purchased from Saks with earrings in their ears and tats under their sleeves.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:01 PM

9 posts, read 37,567 times
There are plenty of workers of all income and education levels with tats. Most people keep them covered, but plenty of others have some exposed.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:34 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
OK, OK. I know I shouldn't stick my nose in this matter. That's already been said here (and elsewhere). But, as a paternalistic type, and apparently the only clear thinking adult in the room, I can't resist.

Most tattoos are simple statements of rebellion. Just like baggy pants with the underwear hanging out, a mohawk of yesteryear, or a black tee shirt with a pack of Camels rolled up in the sleeve from my generation. Yes, they can have an element of art to them (Wow, how beautiful is that tat of Black Sabbath? Wow! What a great two dimensional drawing of an Orchid in limited palette, except for the mole), or they can convey a specific message (Ronda was the love of your life when you were in college). And, I'd be the last guy to discourage an attractive female from putting that little note on the small of her back that reads: "if my boyfriend goes back to Daytona with his drunken friends again, stop by, I'll do you in the laundry room" - in Chinese, of course. But, in the final analysis they are a statement against the status quo, against your parents, the courts, prison administration, society in general, etc. You can say they are a beautiful, artistic addition to God's poor workmanship on your ankle, buttock, neck or shoulder. But that argument is cover for the real reason for a tattoo - they separate you from the rest of the poor schlubs with briefcase in hand and job to get to by 8AM.

The point is that a statement of rebellion is a temporal act which should not have a shelf life longer than a T-shirt lasts or a bumper sticker stays on your car.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:02 PM

23 posts, read 73,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
OK, OK. I know I shouldn't stick my nose in this matter. That's already been said here (and elsewhere). But, as a paternalistic type, and apparently the only clear thinking adult in the room, I can't resist.

Most tattoos are simple statements of rebellion. Just like baggy pants with the underwear hanging out, a mohawk of yesteryear, or a black tee shirt with a pack of Camels rolled up in the sleeve from my generation. Yes, they can have an element of art to them (Wow, how beautiful is that tat of Black Sabbath? Wow! What a great two dimensional drawing of an Orchid in limited palette, except for the mole), or they can convey a specific message (Ronda was the love of your life when you were in college). And, I'd be the last guy to discourage an attractive female from putting that little note on the small of her back that reads: "if my boyfriend goes back to Daytona with his drunken friends again, stop by, I'll do you in the laundry room" - in Chinese, of course. But, in the final analysis they are a statement against the status quo, against your parents, the courts, prison administration, society in general, etc. You can say they are a beautiful, artistic addition to God's poor workmanship on your ankle, buttock, neck or shoulder. But that argument is cover for the real reason for a tattoo - they separate you from the rest of the poor schlubs with briefcase in hand and job to get to by 8AM.

The point is that a statement of rebellion is a temporal act which should not have a shelf life longer than a T-shirt lasts or a bumper sticker stays on your car.
If histories any indication than I'll have reason to rebel for the rest of my life. Make up was created to make up for god creating ugly girls. Tattoos are more of an addition than a cover up. A lot of people get religious tattoos.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:16 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Turkey Leg meat View Post
If histories any indication than I'll have reason to rebel for the rest of my life. Make up was created to make up for god creating ugly girls. Tattoos are more of an addition than a cover up. A lot of people get religious tattoos.
I have a friend who has two slightly larger than life sized hands tattood on his upper arms as though he is being held by a giant being with biblical verse on the writs of the hands. They are highly realistic and it looks as though the hand prints of God are still on him from being held. Pretty cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati