Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 03:29 AM

3 posts, read 5,604 times

Advertisements

It was GREGORYS STEAKHOUSE, it was next to the Normany / MASONNET RESTUARANT.
Great strip /t-bone steaks, and half chicken, and the 1/2 pound GregBurger with baked patatoes, and salad.I worked there for about 3-1/2 years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 06:24 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBONE BROTHER View Post
It was GREGORYS STEAKHOUSE, it was next to the Normany / MASONNET RESTUARANT.
Great strip /t-bone steaks, and half chicken, and the 1/2 pound GregBurger with baked patatoes, and salad.I worked there for about 3-1/2 years!
If you worked there that long, what was the full name of the owner? I contend it had nothing to do with the Gregorys of Montomery Inn fame. Am I right or wrong?

Old 10-22-2013, 09:25 AM

Talking Redbone brother!

You're correct it had nothing to do with the other place! It was a patnership with Ben B.We also had a steak house in Middletown, Ohio our upscale sister was EL-Grekgo in Kentucky. Our greg-burger was the bomb! Loved it with A-1 steak sauce. During my break time, I would walk down to the corner to the Times movie
house and watch Play Misty for me(Clint Eastwood). Gregory and family were fun to work with! Some of the Reds ball players would come in a talk with gregory. The steak house was on 6th Street next to the alley.
I went to school at Courter Tech,played football with Dave Parker before he moved over to baseball!

Old 10-23-2013, 03:46 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBONE BROTHER View Post
You're correct it had nothing to do with the other place! It was a patnership with Ben B.We also had a steak house in Middletown, Ohio our upscale sister was EL-Grekgo in Kentucky. Our greg-burger was the bomb! Loved it with A-1 steak sauce. During my break time, I would walk down to the corner to the Times movie
house and watch Play Misty for me(Clint Eastwood). Gregory and family were fun to work with! Some of the Reds ball players would come in a talk with gregory. The steak house was on 6th Street next to the alley.
I went to school at Courter Tech,played football with Dave Parker before he moved over to baseball!
Sounds like you know where you worked. If there were multiple locations, what caused it to disappear? Did the owners just get old and give up business, which happens, or were there other circumstances?

Old 11-05-2013, 11:52 PM

I left Cincy in 72, and did my stint in the Air Force for 7years 4months, attended WCC in Goldsboro, N.C. Worked for a major aircraft company and lived in the middle east for 16 years! Had a great time traveling the world with a beautiful lady whom I married from Cincy as well! From the story I heard from one of my co-workers and family friend,Gregory got out of the business due to other circumstances! Someone in his family now perhaps his son, runs a store like operation (Gold Star) or Skyline Chilli just north of cincy, maybe in Hamilton, Ohio. I hope Cincinnati is doing well, and from what I've seen you have a beautiful skyline now from the Ky side! I need to get back and do some photography of the city one of these days! Go Bengals!!!

Old 05-16-2020, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 767 times
Gregorys was at 6th and walnut
Owned by several Greeks who also owned. "The inner circle"
And one of them owns Sebastians on Glenway Ave
It had great steaks food and cried when it closed

Old 05-17-2020, 06:40 AM

19 posts, read 16,466 times
In the mid-1960's, I was attending the University of Cincinnati and Gregory's Steaks was a sponsor of the UC basketball games on the student radio station, WFIB. The written copy for the play-by-play man to read mentioned that Gregory's had a steak dinner for $1.19. To just about anyone now, that must sound impossible, but it's true because I remember reading it during time-outs in the game.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:07 PM

17,568 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Our whole fraternity ate there many times

Old 04-18-2022, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 525 times
Default Gregory's match book

I was looking through my my grandfather's old work desk the other day and found a Match book from Gregory's Steaks. The front of the book has that name on it and on the back has addresses to the three Locations. 1st location 124 E. Sixth Street Cincinnati, OH. 513-421-6688. 2nd location 1809 Germantown Road Middletown, OH. 513-424-2464. 3rd Location 4218 Dixie Highway Erlanger, Kentucky. 606-341-0528.

Then on the inside of the match book is a short menu. It says, MENU at top. Then 12oz strip sirloin, 1/2 Bar-B-Q Chicken, Dinners Include: Baked Potato, Chef Salad, French Garlic Roll. Greg Burger - 8oz pure chopped beef, choice of salad or baked potato, sesame seed bun, slice of tomato & Bermuda onion. Popular Priced Specialties At All Locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati