Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 10:27 AM

3 posts, read 5,690 times

Advertisements

My husband is being transferred up to Cincinnati for work and I am wondering if any of you can point us into the right direction. He will be traveling up there on business the week after nxt and he wants to spend some time scouting out the area. Here is what we are looking for, maybe some of you can tell me what places would suit us so he knows where to look....

- Rental homes that are 4 bedrooms or more (we don't want to commit to buying just yet) or even a large townhouse.
- Good Christian schools (pref. Penticostal or Non-denominational)
-A fairly newer community where everything is neatly manicured and has a community pool, clubhouse, etc...
- Family friendly.

We want to move somewhere that is very lively and family oriented so that we can meet people and other familys with kids quickly - this is my main concern as I am so scared moving all the way up there and not knowing anyone!! My whole family is in FL..

Thanks soooo much for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 11:55 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,792,934 times
Christian schools are not overly plentiful in Cincy. Here are two you may consider:
1) Mars Hill Academy, 4230 Aero Drive, Mason, Warren Co. This is a smaller school, very new, non-denominational, K-12. For this school I would be looking for a rental ranging from Symmes township in Hamilton Co. through Deerfield Township in Warren Co. and Mason itself.
2) Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy, 11525 Snider Rd, Sycamore Township, Hamilton Co. This is a larger school founded 1989, non-denominational, K-12. It has a fine reputation for academics, sports teams, etc. Prefered rentals here would be Sycamore or Symmes townships in Hamilton Co.

Both of these areas will have communities with pools, clubhouses, etc. The trick may be finding a 4-bedroom rental. I am sure there are some available, the question is at what price.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:56 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,370 times
Two suggestions: check out this web site and investigate neighboring areas to the school:

Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy :: a private elementary, middle and high school

and read several of the many recent threads asking similar questions to yours about relocating and family-oriented neighborhoods. Best of luck with your move.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:58 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,370 times
I forgot to mention that Cincinnati is heavily Roman Catholic, meaning you will probably not have as many alternatives as other communities of its size for non-Catholic Christian schools. I'm guessing a Catholic school would not be what you're looking for, but if it's something you'd consider there are a LOT of academically good ones.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:13 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,996,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexv01 View Post
My husband is being transferred up to Cincinnati for work and I am wondering if any of you can point us into the right direction. He will be traveling up there on business the week after nxt and he wants to spend some time scouting out the area. Here is what we are looking for, maybe some of you can tell me what places would suit us so he knows where to look....

- Rental homes that are 4 bedrooms or more (we don't want to commit to buying just yet) or even a large townhouse.
- Good Christian schools (pref. Penticostal or Non-denominational)
-A fairly newer community where everything is neatly manicured and has a community pool, clubhouse, etc...
- Family friendly.

We want to move somewhere that is very lively and family oriented so that we can meet people and other familys with kids quickly - this is my main concern as I am so scared moving all the way up there and not knowing anyone!! My whole family is in FL..

Thanks soooo much for any help!
Lake Waynoka in Brown Co. Ohio is a private gated community that is close to Rt.32 they have a nice pool-spa-gym complex check it out on the net...only thing is your about 45 min. away from Cincinnati.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:47 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,940,418 times
we don't have nearly enough information to make a recommendation. there aren't very many non-catholic christian private schools in Cincinnati. it is a very catholic city. where is he working? do you prefer urban or suburban setting or somewhere in between? do you want to be in a predominantly black or white neighborhood, mixed, or don't you care? if he is working in the suburbs, it can take a long time to get from say east side suburbs to west side suburbs, so that wouldn't be a good situation to be in. cincinnati is a big city and not all parts are within a reasonable commuting distance of all other parts. if he is working downtown, you have more options regarding where you choose to live.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:59 PM

I agree, more information can help, particularly work location and personal preference. The terrain in Cincy can make quite a difference on length and time of commute. I am sure several will try and give you good advice.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:39 PM

3 posts, read 5,690 times
Thank you all for your helpful advice! Let me give you guys a little more info and maybe that will help some. My husband will be working in downtown Cinci, we are looking to be within 15 - 20 minutes driving distance. We would like to be close to shopping, etc...

I was actually looking at a place in Symmes Township, can you guys give me a little info on this area? Is it newer, etc... Someone reccommended Blue Ash to us and from what I've read online it looks and sounds like a nice area, I just hope I can find something to rent there! Do you guys have any suggestions for this area? To be honest, we really would like to rent a house rather than an apartment...

Old 06-09-2010, 04:03 PM

Symmes Township and Blue Ash are virtually side by side. Not exactly new, but some very nice properties, and good schools. Located in northern Hamilton Co. If you can find a home here within your means cannot go wrong. Both are what I would call an upscale area. Also check out Montgomery to the immediate east. If the rental prices choke you then look a little further out, Mason, Deerfield Township, Loveland, Milford, etc. Good luck in your search.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:34 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,940,418 times
If you want to keep the commute under 20 minutes look at Pleasant Ridge, Norwood, Hyde Park (if you can afford it), Covedale, Delhi township, Mariemont and maybe St Bernard. Blue Ash and maybe Mariemont too are going to give you a longer commute during rush hour. Mason, Westchester, and further flung suburbs are 45 minutes + during rush hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati