Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Albuquerque 87 53.70%
Tucson 43 26.54%
El Paso 32 19.75%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 08:09 PM

5 posts, read 12,165 times

Advertisements

I've not looked at this thread for awhile, but must give Hot Desert the for such an amazing collection. Kudos!

Also, on that basis I'm moving El Paso up to a first place tie with Tuscon. So, it goes like this: El Paso/Tucson, and Albuquerque bringing up the rear. I got chills and breathed in dust mites just looking at those pics of Alburrrrrquerque.

Old 04-09-2011, 01:58 PM

105 posts, read 212,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bxact View Post
I've not looked at this thread for awhile, but must give Hot Desert the for such an amazing collection. Kudos!

Also, on that basis I'm moving El Paso up to a first place tie with Tuscon. So, it goes like this: El Paso/Tucson, and Albuquerque bringing up the rear. I got chills and breathed in dust mites just looking at those pics of Alburrrrrquerque.
Ewwww. El Paso is pretty much the overshadowed ghetto of Juarez.

Good luck with that haha.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:18 PM

171 posts, read 325,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-ly View Post
Ewwww. El Paso is pretty much the overshadowed ghetto of Juarez.

Good luck with that haha.

Albuquerque is bland.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:12 AM

105 posts, read 212,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleBrat View Post
Albuquerque is bland.
Albuquerque has what El Paso does not, Classy stuff.

A cleaner city, with a whole lot more history and culture. And it shows.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:18 PM

171 posts, read 325,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-ly View Post
Albuquerque has what El Paso does not, Classy stuff.

A cleaner city, with a whole lot more history and culture. And it shows.
What is so classy about Albuquerque? What sets it apart from soooo many other cities (besides it's "history")?

Old 10-27-2011, 01:13 PM

430 posts, read 1,650,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
First off, I love New Mexico, but have you ever noticed they go on and on about how great their food is, and when you ask what exactly they eat, it's the same kind of food the rest of the Southwest has always eaten too.
Sometimes it seems like they think they're the only place in America people eat enchiladas, tamales, and chiles or whatnot. Food like that goes way back in Tucson too.
Also, Hatch chiles? There's like a hundred other varieties out there that are good too.

Oh, and I vote Tucson, because it's my favorite city on Earth and am moving there soon, but I'll admit I've never spent time in Albuquerque and would love to. Mabye some day I'll go there and eat out and literally eat my words about New Mexican food.
Not really, many places do have MEXICAN food, and many places have tex mex, but New Mexico cuisine is distinct from the two, we have a mix of indian/spanish/mexican/green chili giving it a unique taste, the food in New Mexico is very unique, over here red and green chili, is apart of everything, and sopapillas , tortillas, are the the norm, it's very delicious and precious and New Mexico prides itself in it's food, Arizona I can't really say that, sure they might have lots of restaurants that are mexican, or as you call it "southwest" but it just isn't the same, new mexico food definitly stands out much more.

New Mexican cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-28-2011, 01:23 AM

2,032 posts, read 4,890,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
Not really, many places do have MEXICAN food, and many places have tex mex, but New Mexico cuisine is distinct from the two, we have a mix of indian/spanish/mexican/green chili giving it a unique taste, the food in New Mexico is very unique, over here red and green chili, is apart of everything, and sopapillas , tortillas, are the the norm, it's very delicious and precious and New Mexico prides itself in it's food, Arizona I can't really say that, sure they might have lots of restaurants that are mexican, or as you call it "southwest" but it just isn't the same, new mexico food definitly stands out much more.

New Mexican cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I read your wiki link about NM food and it's all the same kind of food we've always eaten in AZ. I'm sure it's good food but we grow red and green chiles here, that doesn't make NM food unique.

The wiki article said AZ has Tex Mex, which is absolutely untrue. It seemed a tad biased. Also, it mentioned the Chimichanga as New Mexican when that was born here in AZ.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:23 PM

129 posts, read 264,314 times
I would use the word style to describe Mexican chains in Arizona, Austin, San Antonio.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:22 PM

353 posts, read 656,514 times
I would describe Mexican food in Arizona as Sonoran style. It's slightly different than New Mexican but very similar. Tex Mex is definitely not the most popular style in Arizona. That article is completely false.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,942 times
I think El Paso looks so unique. When you see the two major cites (El Paso & Juarez) at night, WOW! The meca looks like it goes on forever...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City