Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is #1?
Philadelphia 146 58.17%
Pittsburgh 105 41.83%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:19 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Hey it's not just me...Look at the Philly Forums...ok its own residents are complaining about the crime, and that its starting to drag into Center City....I didnt make that claim...I holey thought Center City was still mostly safe.
No I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the people earlier from the San Francisco/Philadelphia threads.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:21 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Oh Yes I long for the Sixers!!! :Sarcasim: - I guess if I was a hoops kinds girl....

But that is a ligitmate offering....I will conceed

So we have

The Beach
SEPTA
NBA

Anyone think of anything else????
Hmmm
An Ivy League School
A seaport
A Major International Airport
3rd largest Downtown in America
7 of the countries Wealthiest Counties
2 of the ten Welthiest Zips in the US
Most important Cylcing event in the US
One of the two most important crew events in the US
Most important track and field event in the US
Home to Worlds Fair
Cradle of Liberty
One of the ten best urban neighborhoods in the US
How to two of the 5 Iron Chefs
World Renown Orchestra
World Renown Ballet Company
Philadelphia Museum of Art
CHOP - Best pediatric hospital in the world
Birthplace of the Nation
Birthplace of the computerReading terminal market
Italian Market
Best Italian Restaraunt in the country - Vetri
Mutter Museum
Rodin Museum
Ranked 3rd best non-downtown neighbohood in country Chestnut Hill
Morris Arboretum
Faimount Park - largest Urabn park in world
Please Touch Museum
Largest Convention Center in NE
Tria - I like cheese
Dibrunos - see above
The Mint
District Court
Federal Reserve
Ben Franklin
The Liberty bell
US Constitution Birthplace
Declaration of Independance
Largest public Mural display in world
Most public art of any city in US
Boat House Row
The Big 5 College hoops
30th Street Station
City Hall
Tallest Building in PA
Second Tallest building in PA
etc.
etc.
Highest number of people who walk to work of any US city
Largest Art festival in PA

Old 07-10-2010, 07:26 PM

126 posts, read 304,354 times
Oh thats cool. a cheese steak place in pittsburgh.
and i saw that thread earlier. they were talking about a mugging. and it was at night, when crime is more common
they are right no area in philly is 100% safe, no area in any city is 100% safe. muggings happen in all cities

Old 07-10-2010, 07:59 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,236,966 times
Quote:
Actually there is a place on Carson that does pretty good cheesestakes because the owner is from Philly....

So if I'm dying for a cheesesteak, I can get one in the Burgh will just need to hike over to the Southside to get it.

Now here in NYC i can't get a Philly cheesesteak ANYWHERE!!! UGH!
I'm pretty sure there's a place at about 41st St. 9th Ave. on the back side of the Port Authority Bus Terminal.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:17 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,892,055 times
OK Were do I begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Hmmm
An Ivy League School
CMU and Pitt are no slouches and are highly regarded....As Matter of fact there hasn't been a president since Regan that hasn't visited CMU and Pitt for one reason or another.

A seaport
Not something I think people must have in the count for more Vibrant

A Major International Airport
I will conceed Philly is still a HUB

3rd largest Downtown in America
Again with Center City....yes its bigger, I've stated that 100 times, but it doesnt give me anything I can't get in Pittsburgh

7 of the countries Wealthiest Counties
And One of them is NOT Philadelphia county. And Pittsburgh is no sloutch with Weathly people either.

2 of the ten Welthiest Zips in the US
again NONE of them are PHILLY ZIPS

Most important Cylcing event in the US
What would that be??? - Pittsburgh has biking events for almost every cause it seems

One of the two most important crew events in the US
Again Explain Please!!!

Most important track and field event in the US
This is all trival stuff, you're using trying to Prop up Philly....

Home to Worlds Fair
Explain

Cradle of Liberty
JESUS REACHING WITH THIS ONE

One of the ten best urban neighborhoods in the US
Wich one is that...Oh let me guess by saying its within the Center City Borders

How to two of the 5 Iron Chefs
Do they still reside in Philly and are their types of resturants something that I could not find in Pittsburgh...I dont care about celeberity status

World Renown Orchestra
That would be the Pittsburgh Symphony
Welcome to the Pittsburgh Symphony

World Renown Ballet Company
That would be the PBT (Notice the header on the link)
The leading ballet in the United States | Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre

Philadelphia Museum of Art
Carnegie Museum of Art

CHOP - Best pediatric hospital in the world
UPMC Childrens - One of the Largest Children Hosptials in the Nation
Childrens Hospital of Pittsburgh

Birthplace of the Nation
And that factors into importantcy today how???

Birthplace of the computerReading terminal market
HUH????

Italian Market
DID you not see pictures of the Strip District....Yea Italian Market pales

Best Italian Restaraunt in the country - Vetri
Based on who's opinion...anyway I can get damn good Italian in Pittsburgh too

Mutter Museum
Childrens Museum and Science Center

Rodin Museum
AND????

Ranked 3rd best non-downtown neighbohood in country Chestnut Hill
By who???? Plus
Squirrel Hill
Regent Square
Friendship

All offer the same type of setting...Squirrel Hill's Forbes and Murrary are far more vibrant than Chesnut Hill.

Morris Arboretum
Doubt too many people even know what this is or cares...Details Please

Faimount Park - largest Urabn park in world
And Pittsburgh offers 3 Very LARGE Urban Parks one could get lost in
Schenely
Frick
Highland

Look'em up

Please Touch Museum
What is its background

Largest Convention Center in NE
Meet the David L Lawrence

And it has LEED GOLD CERTIFICATION....you know that makes it the LARGEST "GREEN" CONVENTION CENTER in the country and the first of its kind in the WORLD

Tria - I like cheese
Dibrunos - see above
The Mint
District Court
Federal Reserve
And Pittsburgh has a Fed Reserve Branch

Ben Franklin
The Liberty bell
US Constitution Birthplace
Declaration of Independance
Yea I've already concided to better history....we can't all be the nations birthplace...Doesnt mean I can't get history in Pitt though

Largest public Mural display in world
Most public art of any city in US
Data to back up please....Plus Pittsburgh has plenty of public art

Ever heard of the Three Rivers Arts Festival
Three Rivers Arts Festival – Pittsburgh, PA – A division of The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust

One of the largest in the Nation

Boat House Row
Station Square

The Big 5 College hoops
Big East Pitt

30th Street Station
Pennsylvania Station

City Hall
THE CENTER OF PHILLY's Corrupt Government...GRREEEAAAATTTT

Tallest Building in PA
Pittsburgh has tall Building, had the tallest until recently

Second Tallest building in PA
Wrong USX TOWER was the tallest building in PA before Comcast Center...Its Now 2nd Tallest

Highest number of people who walk to work of any US city
That would be NYC....But Pittsburgh is in the same Top 10

Largest Art festival in PA
Again Three Rivers Arts Festival. 2 week long event
So after this long ridculous list...they only clear take away is Philly has Hub status airport....But Pittsburgh International is rated as one of the best in the world and is still fairly accessible.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsh View Post
Oh thats cool. a cheese steak place in pittsburgh.
and i saw that thread earlier. they were talking about a mugging. and it was at night, when crime is more common
they are right no area in philly is 100% safe, no area in any city is 100% safe. muggings happen in all cities

Come on we all know Philly crime problems go alot deeper than a couple of purse snatching by a couple of kids....

While Center City is mostly safe...the Rest of Philly has serious violent crime problems....Thank god the cop killing have stopped...that was getting ridiculous and in broad daylight.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
OK Were do I begin

So after this long ridculous list...they only clear take away is Philly has Hub status airport....But Pittsburgh International is rated as one of the best in the world and is still fairly accessible.

Oh great knowing one, your asking questions about things that one who knows anything about Philly should know. Mutter compared Science Museum - ok

Look up ENIAC

this is fuedal, Parkersburg WV has an art museum so they are in the same league too, on Convention center, for now, check back in 3 months, expansion construction is just about done. Pittsburgh has no answer for the Art Museums I listed and I forgot Barnes too (no answer there either) you guys do have us on Warhol

There is no hospital in the world even close to CHOP in peds, ranks #1 in 22 of the 24 major ped categories and #2 on the remainder, I didn't see Pittsburgh on that list

but whatever

You will not accept any of this anyway, fine

Oh and on the Iron chefs, yes they do reside her, though both were lured to open places in NY (surprised not thr Burgh) a third has a restaurant in Philly. In fact the US show is based on a Philly chef

BTW - I am definately a Heintz ketchup guy - thank you

Old 07-10-2010, 09:04 PM

126 posts, read 304,354 times
the corrupt mayor (john street) has been out of office since 2008
comcast center and one liberty place are both in philly and taller than usx tower. also a new skyscraper is gonna be built in philly (american commerce center) and will be 1,510 ft
I dont see whats wrong with the first thing on the list (ivy league school)
and there is no museum like the philadelphia museum of art, because of the rocky steps.

please try to understand this next paragraph because honestly im not always the best at wording things:
I never said the only crime in philly were muggings. your kinda overexaderating the crime in philly. i know its crime rate is higher than pittsburgh, but philly is not the only city with crime. every city has crime. when you keep listing examples of crime that happened in philly (like the corrupt mayor that has been out of office for 2 years, or the person on this forum that was mugged, or the cops that were shot) your acting like pittsburgh is a perfect, crime free city. every city has crime, and no city is perfect. im sure pittsburgh has had crime happen, that I could find examples of and post on here to make it look bad. honestly I think thats the reason why you keep talking about the crime; to make philly look bad. Every person agreed that pittsburgh has less crime, so I dont see a reason to bring that up in arguements.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
OK Were do I begin

Oh I forgot the most imprtant differance for which Pittsburgh has no answer

Center City

Old 07-10-2010, 09:15 PM

Answers in BOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Oh great knowing one, your asking questions about things that one who knows anything about Philly should know. Mutter compared Science Museum - ok

Heard of the Carnegie Science Center

this is fuedal, Parkersburg WV has an art museum so they are in the same league too, on Convention center, for now, check back in 3 months, expansion construction is just about done. Pittsburgh has no answer for the Art Museums I listed and I forgot Barnes too (no answer there either) you guys do have us on Warhol

Please the Carnegie Musuem of ART is right up with there with the Philadelphia....I provided the link look it up....

There is no hospital in the world even close to CHOP in peds, ranks #1 in 22 of the 24 major ped categories and #2 on the remainder, I didn't see Pittsburgh on that list

Doesnt Matter - Pittsburgh offers one the largest and most advanced Childrens Hospitals Campuses in the World....but that doesn't matter Both cities offer comparable childeren services.

but whatever

You will not accept any of this anyway, fine

No I can't because you still haven't proven anything.....I've matched offering for offering. that's this whole debate is about....

Oh and on the Iron chefs, yes they do reside her, though both were lured to open places in NY (surprised not thr Burgh) a third has a restaurant in Philly. In fact the US show is based on a Philly chef

Again what do they offer that you can't get in Pittsburgh...I dont care about Celebrity status.

BTW - I am definately a Heintz ketchup guy - thank you
That's good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City