Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 02:56 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,706,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_boy View Post
What!?! Kanye ain't making an impact? R u serious? Besides being one of the most popular rappers in the world. He also one of the hottest and most sought after producer. He made the Blue Print album what it is. IMHO, Kanye helped clean up Jay-Z's public image, since most of mainstream society generally saw him just as another "thug rapper". He's probably made a bigger impact on hip hop than most rappers today especially in fashion. Rappers weren't rockin Louis Vuitton backpacks, shutter shades -fitted jeans, button ups and polo sweaters b4 Kanyeezy.
Kanye is awesome, and I can't stand the Kanye hate. Why's everyone so mad? A rapper got drunk and gave a big F** you to the crowd for selecting a talentless bimbo as an entertainer. IDC who you are, Taylor Swift is garbage. Ask yourself what Taylor Swift's impact on Country music was. Nothing. Kanye has reinvented Hip Hop in ways never thought imagineable.

When Kanye first came out it was unheard of to see a guy rap, without having chains, Jerzeys and baggy clothes. Kanye changed all this.

The guy is an amazing producer too. Jay Z should be forever grateful that Kanye ressurrected his career. Before Blueprint Jay Z was just a dying DMX, Ja Rule and Fat Joe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
u really think kanye was the one who got jay to clean his image? I dunno I figured it was more of an age thing but i agree i think him (and even lupe) had influence on hip hop music and fashion cuz before 2006 everybody was wearing throwbacks and and super baggy jeans ect. lol.
Anyways the reason why i said chicago scene wasnt all that strong was because, like u said, everyone always has to go out of town to get noticed.

mas23
Kanye for sure changed Jay Z's career. Some of Jay Z's biggest hits easily outshine his pre-Kanye hits. Blueprint was easily one of his better albums and it was produced by Kanye. Look up Kanye's producer credits you'd be amazed to see some of the songs that were made by him.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:56 PM

224 posts, read 604,911 times
What a terrible blend, Hockey and Hip Hop? lol

Old 08-25-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgear View Post
What a terrible blend, Hockey and Hip Hop? lol
HEY! How's that terrible? Ever played hockey? Almost every locker room I was in had Rap playing before and after games... Just saying... Rap is pop culture man. It's not so discrete as it once was. And just because the majority of hockey players are white, doesn't mean that white people don't listen to rap. White people are rappers #1 consumer base. So it's not that 'terrible'

Old 08-25-2010, 07:18 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,183,607 times
Kanye provided Jay-Z with beats, but I think it's a little extreme to say he "resurrected his career". But who knows how celebs really live their lives. Also, to correct Kid Cann, Kanye went on stage and interrupted Taylor Swift because he thought Beyonce should have won the award, not himself.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:20 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,731,967 times
to be fair, jay z has kanye AND just blaze to think for the blueprint.

as far as kanye changing jay's image, i disagree. jay did that on his own but jay has been known to bite ppl's styles and he has definitely bitten kanye's styles over the years, to an extent.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:22 PM

Jay is a trendsetter though. That "all black everything" is a Jay thing. The button up era was because of Jay. Hell, some people rock their fitteds with a certain lean because of Jay, especially Yankee hats. Nobody knew about Maybach's before Jay-Z. He pretty much coined the phrase "grown and sexy". I could go on and on.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:30 PM
eek

ye has been setting trends since 04 too tho. half the urban youth was dressing like him for awhile.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
ye has been setting trends since 04 too tho. half the urban youth was dressing like him for awhile.
I can agree with you on that, Kanye has had a huge impact on Hip-Hop.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
eek

http://chronicmagazine.com/uploaded_images/0_kanye_glasses.jpg (broken link)
http://kissfmseattle.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/jay.jpg (broken link)

even influenced him not getting a haircut:

etc. etc.

all that lv ish? kanye. the obscure brand sneakers? ye. polo shirts/sweaters around 04-05? ye had the youth doing that. needed a lv backpack? ye. etc. etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City