Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Dallas, GA or Atlanta, TX ???
Dallas, GA 19 57.58%
Atlanta, TX 14 42.42%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 12:10 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,409,881 times

Advertisements

I like this post. It's nice hearing about small towns for once, instead of the usual behemoth cities.

I voted for Atlanta, because Dallas is suburbia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 12:14 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
^ It looks like you voted for Dallas.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:21 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,409,881 times
I voted for Atlanta.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:18 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
I voted for Atlanta.
But Dallas has more white people.......

Old 08-13-2010, 01:27 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
hmmm, I dunno, I have heard of the former, but been to neither.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:45 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Dallas GA is not podunk it's suburbia Jluke correct, it's the county seat of Paulding County, Georgia over 130,000.
Same concept. It's a pretty obscure place on the national scale. The only reason I know about Atlanta, TX is because for some strange reason, I remember that it is Ellen Degeneres's hometown.

Quote:
But anyways there's tons of threads with suburbs or small towns as the topic, don’t take it so seriously.
No, not tons. Relatively few. I'm not taking it seriously, but the point still remains...

Old 08-14-2010, 02:06 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,099,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Same concept. It's a pretty obscure place on the national scale. The only reason I know about Atlanta, TX is because for some strange reason, I remember that it is Ellen Degeneres's hometown.
Atlanta TX is a small isolated town, the only reason I know it is because some one brought it up in another thread. than I search up how many places is name after Atlanta Atlanta_(disambiguation) LOL. While Dallas GA is a part of Metro Atlanta, and it's incorporation interestingly out dates the Dallas TX. I don't know how it got it's name but, Dallas GA can't be name after Dallas TX. ) "obscure place on the national scale" maybe for some but this is why the OP posted info on these cities for your statement.

Quote:
No, not tons. Relatively few. I'm not taking it seriously, but the point still remains...
Relatively few is still some, if your not taking this seriously there's no point, just go with the flow.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:33 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,248,041 times
Dallas, GA, mainly because it's close to a major metropolitan area. I have no desire to live anywhere near Texarkana, so Atlanta, TX gets ruled out.

However, Dallas, GA is not somewhere I'd live if I could help it. Miles and miles of suburban sprawl to get out there, and too far from the freeway for my tastes.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Atlanta TX is a small isolated town, the only reason I know it is because some one brought it up in another thread. than I search up how many places is name after Atlanta Atlanta_(disambiguation) LOL. While Dallas GA is a part of Metro Atlanta, and it's incorporation interestingly out dates the Dallas TX. I don't know how it got it's name but, Dallas GA can't be name after Dallas TX. ) "obscure place on the national scale" maybe for some but this is why the OP posted info on these cities for your statement.

Relatively few is still some, if your not taking this seriously there's no point, just go with the flow.
atlanta, tx isn't that isolated. it's in the texarkana area

both dallas, ga and dallas, tx were named for george m. dallas, vice president of the u.s. under james polk

Old 08-14-2010, 11:17 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,099,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
atlanta, tx isn't that isolated. it's in the texarkana area
This is true so may be saying isolated is too much but it's technically not apart of the texarkana metro either.
Quote:
both dallas, ga and dallas, tx were named for george m. dallas, vice president of the u.s. under james polk
Oooh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City