Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city should host a statue?
San Diego 8 14.29%
Los Angeles 11 19.64%
San Francisco 25 44.64%
Seattle 6 10.71%
Other(please specify) 6 10.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 08:42 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,698,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Why not try to design a new statue instead of copying something else?
Yeah I hear you. People always want to copy NY in everything. If NY have something, everybody else want it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 08:42 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,474,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Naw, if you wanted to go the tacky/stereotype route a much more tasteful gateway statue would be an outsized, neon replica of box of Rice-a-Roni straddling the Bay Bridge on Treasure Island.

Of course, it would have to be the Almond Fried Rice variety.
Ha! This is the best suggestion yet!

Old 09-01-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
Guess those west coast people aren't all that creative after all.
Oh good, another loser from the east coast who just can't resist hating on the West. That's just so cliche. You're pathetic.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC90 View Post
Yes, but Las Vegas is a tacky trashy city.
Yet its still a heck of a lot better than lame azz DC!

Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Yeah I hear you. People always want to copy NY in everything. If NY have something, everybody else want it.
LOL!!!!! Just keep telling yourself that..........

Old 09-01-2010, 09:21 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
I'm going to be straight up honest. Go ahead and report me, but this is the truth and reporting me will just show that it's true.

You Bay Area posters act so smug and stuck up. You all are too blind to see the beauty in any other area that isn't San Francisco. If anyone posts anything that "threatens" your Bay Area status, you all get on some rampage proclaiming how amazing the Bay Area is. Like any other city, the Bay Area has it's share of problems. The bums are out of control pi*sing all over the streets and buildings, the mayor is a nut, parking is horrendous, crime is a pretty big problem as well. Another California city with a statue is not going to take away from San Francisco. SF will still be known for a high col, Alcatraz,Golden Gate, and the large gay community.As already mentioned, another city with a landmark will not take away from your city. So open your eyes and be open to other cities.
So...um, what's this thread about again?...

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 09-01-2010 at 09:31 PM..

Old 09-01-2010, 09:25 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
...I think the people in the Bay Area probably wouldn't want a statue to be frank.
Agreed, a statue of Frank should be in LA, maybe with Dean, Sammy and Joey like Mount Rushmore....
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/43/Ratpack2.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-01-2010, 09:26 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC90 View Post
Yes, but Las Vegas is a tacky trashy city.
I'd much rather hangout and have fun in Vegas than D.C....

Old 09-01-2010, 10:07 PM

126 posts, read 304,421 times
I voted for San Francisco just because I was there recently for the first time and really enjoyed it

But I think San Diego would also be a good choice because LA SF and Seattle all have famous landmarks. It would be cool if San Diego had one too. I should've voted San Diego

Old 09-01-2010, 11:01 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times
Oh, YES! It should be a seven hundred foot tall Chupacabra, depicted eating the last White Person (or the last "Cracker Baby", as recently stated by a prominent diversicrat).

And my modest proposal would be that the statue be erected in the shining city of Maywood, California. Maywood is a brilliant example of how wonderful things will be when the 'Anglos' are gone. Maywood is so efficient, now that it is +-100% white-free (weiss raus), that the city has been able to lay-off all it's workers! No police! No firemen! Who needs 'em, when there are no whities to cause trouble?

But back to the statue. At its base, should be the words recently uttered at a rally, by a leader of the Brown Berets, an Hispanic freedom group eager, I gather, to liberate Southern California, then all of North America. I may not be quoting her precisely, but this will do for the statue: "You are too White. You don't belong in America. Go back to Joorope! Go back to Yermany!"

Such inspiring words! I'm not even white, but her pep-talk made me want to buy us all one-way tickets... Seattle-to-Stockholm! Anyway, I think a giant Chupacabra is a perfect mascot and a clear inspiration for starting any remaining whites on that great trek back to Joorope! Basically, this will be a Statue of Liberty in reverse.

My second choice would be a giant pyramid, crowned with a statue of Xolotl.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 09-01-2010 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: tweak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City